• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Yeah it Is nitro. It's going good so far. Although I've had it two weeks and I've only been able to get it out twice. Due to work and the weather.

I'm hoping to have a good long session this weekend. I've run it in. Just gotta tune it and take it off road now :P

• Like 1

Buy another body shell and wheels/tyres just now mate, the tyres are far too soft for tarmac. The springs are too soft and it grips so much it constantly flips. I got mine first day it came out in november and shell is wrecked.

check the thread @this is my first rally car, in the rally section mate... that may aswell be the wr8 thread... allthough we should all use this from now on i reckon..but you maybe able to get a bit of help or advice from there guys regarding the wr8 flux and nitro

Edited by bobby288

Put the off road tyres on if the road tyres are too sticky. Mind you they're a different size so you'd have to run the rally wheels too. I haven't managed to roll mine once yet with off road tyres on, although I'm sure I could. But their not as sticky as the road tyres obviously.

Yeah, I mentioned that. You'd have to run the white or black off road wheels to use the off road tyres. Which will be good to do if your going to use it off road as the wheels are smaller and the tyres have deeper side walls to deal with dirty/rough terrain.

• Like 1

personally i thought the ken block tyres/wheels are perfect for tarmac, nice and sticky but will also slide if you need them to. must admit though they do wear down fairly quickly if you are on dry tarmac power sliding, but they got loads of grip

personally i thought the ken block tyres/wheels are perfect for tarmac, nice and sticky but will also slide if you need them to. must admit though they do wear down fairly quickly if you are on dry tarmac power sliding, but they got loads of grip

In the dry they don't power slide at all and will be worse when the tar gets warm in better weather, running 3s lipo it grips and flips when cornering on tarmac. The standard tyres are far too soft, even though mines are like slicks they still grip.

in mine i have a 2700kv motor 120a sc8 esc 21t pinion on 4s and believe me in the dry it will power slide :yes: WITH the ken block tyres

http://www.msuk-foru...es/page__st__30

Edited by bobby288

Yes standard spur, i have been looking for a metal one but cannot find one but the standard one is holding up well. it flies but have yet to get it off road, hopefuly with the weather being good this weekend I will get it off road. On a seperate note I noticed you had a apache sc shell for sale, if U still have it send us a pm

I had a good run out today, but broke a wishbone and a camber arm. Nowhere seems to have the camber arms in stock, so I had to order from america.

Buy another body shell and wheels/tyres just now mate, the tyres are far too soft for tarmac. The springs are too soft and it grips so much it constantly flips. I got mine first day it came out in november and shell is wrecked.

That was happening to me too but I've sorted it by adjusting the suspension so it's as low as it will go. So low that sparks fly off the bottom if it catches a small stone. Made a huge difference though, hardly flips at all now.

Where abouts in south yorkshire are you coldcuppatea? I work in Sheffield S2

I work in the centre of Sheffield and live out near Tankersley. Have you found any decent areas to use your car? I've spotted a proper RC dirt track out near Wakefield, but really want to find somewhere where I can take it bashing off road without disturbing people too much. Pretty much limited to an industrial estate near me at the moment.