• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Woking area

dajones89

• 3 weeks later...

You guys could try Farnborough 4x4 course,its one of the best bashin spots in the country imo,but its probably under a few feet of water at the moment :(. Used to bash there,but havent been out with the trucks in about 9 months :(,should be firin them up in the next few weeks hopefully though.

Any bmx tracks with jumps about guys? I'm in ash vale so I go to the woods at salt box lane but the kids there dig up stupid jumps all the time & ruin it, do no straights really an a mish mash of a place.

The old bmx track at Newlands corner is good fun,bit of a walk from the car park (not as far as Farnborough though !) but worth it .

Farnborough vid (the sandy bits):

The muddy bit at Farnborough ! Probably not muddy at the moment thought,its a river bed so is probaly sat under a few feet of water!

Newlands corner vid :

:)

• 1 month later...

You guys could try Farnborough 4x4 course,its one of the best bashin spots in the country imo,but its probably under a few feet of water at the moment :(. Used to bash there,but havent been out with the trucks in about 9 months :(,should be firin them up in the next few weeks hopefully though :)

Where abouts is the 4x4 track? I sort of know farnborough but no bashing spots yet, I'm in Ash down the road.

I didn't find that spot but I stopped in the car park on the fleet road opposite where you marked & we drove around there for half a tank to finish running in. Do you park where the concrete road blocks are & walk?

I didn't find that spot but I stopped in the car park on the fleet road opposite where you marked & we drove around there for half a tank to finish running in. Do you park where the concrete road blocks are & walk?

I ended up driving past Rushmore arena, I think I took a wrong turn!

The entrance to the car park is a little bit further up (if you were sat at the end of eelmoor road road,but still out on the main road).Have updated the map :).

• 1 month later...

You guys could try Farnborough 4x4 course,its one of the best bashin spots in the country imo,but its probably under a few feet of water at the moment :(. Used to bash there,but havent been out with the trucks in about 9 months :(,should be firin them up in the next few weeks hopefully though.The old bmx track at Newlands corner is good fun,bit of a walk from the car park (not as far as Farnborough though !) but worth it .Farnborough vid (the sandy bits):

The muddy bit at Farnborough ! Probably not muddy at the moment thought,its a river bed so is probaly sat under a few feet of water!
Newlands corner vid :
:)

I'm at the far end of newlands corner & I went into the woods on the rhs as you drive in.

Right, just got back from newlands corner FYI the bmx track is best found by walking round the back of the cafe then follow the path all the way till you see the jumps on the right about 600yards in from the cafe approx. some nice jumps there, unfortunately some kids have done the usual thing where they go mad with a shovel and ruin the place.

Right, just got back from newlands corner FYI the bmx track is best found by walking round the back of the cafe then follow the path all the way till you see the jumps on the right about 600yards in from the cafe approx. some nice jumps there, unfortunately some kids have done the usual thing where they go mad with a shovel and ruin the place.

Was just typing as you replied! As i remember it,we walked to the end of the carpark,then followed a path on the right hand side that cuts off at 45degrees.Sounds like you found it though :).

Actually went bashing on the bank holiday (ended up blowing my engine up,so havent been back out yet!),not quite sure what has happened over at Farnborough/Pirbright,but they seem to have closed alot of the carparks that we used to use :(.However,we did scout a new spot which looks like its gonna be a gooden,will update when weve tried it :).

Have updated the map a little as well :).

Cheers mate, yup I moved back to Guildford but I'll still be able to make it to farnborough for a bash when I'm out for the day. I tried salt box lane on Sunday, that was a bit too small though really for the KM.

Edit, looked at the map, I wasn't near that area really, I was on the path at the back of the toilets down that path there on the right a few hundred yards, l have to check out your area!

There was a rope swing & a big drop where I was.

Edited by Bigjimknickers

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...