• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My new FG Pajero

luke1983

when i bought my marder it came with the pajero conversion kit fitted, looks amazing however i found the same with handling top heavy and rolled very easy, like i said though they look awsome!!!!!

dunno about marder race chassis as i thought they are all the same, the kcr radio tray is a nice upgrade, should help keep the servo tray flex down to a minimum......nice clean looking model mate, well done on that!

Edited by reggy72

Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm chuffed with it & the missus was quite easy to convince too!

That looks amazing! Very to scale for such a large vehicle... You got any pics of it with the shell off?

No pics of it with the shell off but I had a good long chat with the fella selling it and got all the info I needed and a warm fuzzy feeling about buying it so I took the plunge.I may still end up regretting it but i doubt it! It's basically a Marder underneath. I'll post some up when I get it but I'm away with work until the end of march so it might be a while.

I had one a while ago.

Great looking but to big to move about. Seemed to really effect the handling as well.

when i bought my marder it came with the pajero conversion kit fitted, looks amazing however i found the same with handling top heavy and rolled very easy, like i said though they look awsome!!!!!

I have read similar stuff elsewhere but I've also read that the 4wd conversion does a lot to alleviate this - No doubt I'll be a couple of hundred quid down again at some point in the future!

That looks great luke will be great to get that and my fg together, :)

Yeah, thats what I thought mate - It'll be my regular runner Ireckon and the 6x6 can be for showing off! Looking forward to it.

dunno about marder race chassis as i thought they are all the same, the kcr radio tray is a nice upgrade, should help keep the servo tray flex down to a minimum......nice clean looking model mate, well done on that!

I wasn't sure about the chassis either but I thought i'd ask - As far as I know the Marder Race is a slightly hopped up version of the normal Marder. No drama's all the essentials are there except a kill switch.

Thanks for looking dudes!

Not yet mate. I'm away until the end of March but I'll have all the bits I need and five weeks leave when I get back so I'll be finishing it then. I've already got most of the bits - suspension, lights, etc & I just need a pipe, (not sure which yet) and another FG Race truck shell and a few bits for the shell. I thought about going for this kind of look with the FG CAT Race Truck shell:

gallery_15232_1064_43.jpeg

The shell is cheaper and I reckon it'll be easier to enlarge the wheel well but I really like the FG Merc shell which I've mocked it up with on the 6x6 thread- thinking red bull, metallic blue paint job.

Still not exactly sure how I'm gunna mount it - think i'll try and make / commission some kind of perspex base for it and rest the shell atop of it.

Should have a nice little fleet of desert racers!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

It has arrived!!

After a couple of months of toing and froing, due to me, work and house buying I have finally got my 30th present.  Cheers wife & cheers Tony for selling it to me.

It looks really good & I can't wait to get into a few mods on it!  I'm really impressed with the simplicity of the FG layout.

I also reckon that the rear suspension requires a bit of attention as they don't return to full extension if depressed.  Could this be that it has just dried out? Might just get a new set.

gallery_15232_2471_274246.jpg

gallery_15232_2471_744734.jpg

I've put my FTX wheels on it because I've read that you get a lot of grip roll with the stock tyres.

This is what it is going to look like when I've finished with it but SWB.

gallery_15232_2471_3604.jpg

gallery_15232_2471_32331.jpg

That IS a horrible K&N type :)

Bin it.....and replace with either a stock FG foam setup or an HPI filter set. There will be a seperate inlet velocity stack under there which will have to come off as well. That will keep the nasties out of your engine.

Looks nice with those FTX wheels on it. Look prettier than stock FG ones, which I never really liked.

Looks good, is that a foam air filter? Looks like horrible K&N job from that angle! Outerwears!

Cheers.  Outerwears is on my shopping list!

That IS a horrible K&N type :)

Bin it.....and replace with either a stock FG foam setup or an HPI filter set. There will be a seperate inlet velocity stack under there which will have to come off as well. That will keep the nasties out of your engine.

Looks nice with those FTX wheels on it. Look prettier than stock FG ones, which I never really liked.

What is up with the K&N filter?  I'll replace it like but would like to know why!  HPI ones go for about 20 quid so that is OK.

Also, Anyone know anything about replacement shocks? Think I might need some longer than stock ones.

Cheers Nitro, its not so much the wheels as the tyres for me, unless you were running in deep mud they just seem a bit overkill!

The K&N aren't as fine as the genuine filter, so some particles of grit, dust, sand etc can and will get through. Best result is a gummed up engine, worst is scratched and damaged cylinder!

That is good to know, cheers dude.  Are the HPI or FG any better than each other? I'll probably just go for the cheapest to be honest.

Also, anyone know where I can buy the rear part of the shell?  Everywhere I've l looked is out of stock.

Cheers Nitro, its not so much the wheels as the tyres for me, unless you were running in deep mud they just seem a bit overkill!

That is good to know, cheers dude.  Are the HPI or FG any better than each other? I'll probably just go for the cheapest to be honest.

Also, anyone know where I can buy the rear part of the shell?  Everywhere I've l looked is out of stock.

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/products/fg_6215-6215-pajero-body-main-section-1pce-.html

I have just sold a bnip a few months back.

That is good to know, cheers dude. Are the HPI or FG any better than each other? I'll probably just go for the cheapest to be honest.

The FG is the better on IMO and it'll bolt straight on to the engine without an adaptor. The HPI is good too and both are usually around

yoodoo, I watched that video a few times mate it is fast as****!!!

Thanks for the link - they ain't cheap are they. Might have to keep my eyes peeled in the for sale & fleabay.

The FG is the better on IMO and it'll bolt straight on to the engine without an adaptor. The HPI is good too and both are usually around

Roger that mate - I'll stick with the FG one.  It's weird some FG stuff is cheap and some is super expensive!

I've set the steering up tonight and thread-locked most of the screws/bolts, also test fitted a mud guard - nearly ready for a test run!!

It deffo needs some attention to the rear suspension, they just don't return to full extension.  The back looks really low compared to the front too so I think this and the air filter are my priorities at present. I should really wait til next month though...

Can I fit longer shocks to increase the ride height at all? 

If the shocks dont return,try to re-bleed them,different springs/spacers.The FG marder/pajero suspension set-up should be adequate,unless you have fronts on the rears?

When installing the FG standard filter ,run a smear of grease on the top and bottom of the sponge,this will create a spot on seal against the plastic. Dont forget to use filter oil as well to minimize sucking in any small particles.