• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BawseyPit bash KingsLynn, all models and scales welcome

DeadMeatUK

This has to be my favorite bash spot and is worth every mile of travelling to get there. It has a variety of surfaces in different areas of the pits.

I spend most of my time in the sand, up and down the banks and over some jumps. That area is very easy on the cars as the landings are soft with no houses in ear shot.

Here's a video by the Baswey Baja Bashers I run in this area with a 1/8 Short Course with standard tyres with no problems

The entrance gate is here, drive round to the left on the roughest road in the world!

http://goo.gl/maps/AfyPR

And I like to bash here

http://goo.gl/maps/Wneuv

Dates to follow...

It is a great place to go, I'll be back there no question but when the weather improves. Also has water to try out the airboat I am building on a boogie board :)

Coxyone, So Kev talked you into it then?

Due to work commitment I would like to arrange a bash for the 23rd February...

I know it's a while away but maybe better weather?

Edit*** I think it was Matt that was talking about the hover thing?

Edited by DeadMeatUK

Yes, not sure of the guys name as everyone was new to me that day but he's convinced me, plus I have old plane radio gear and an Enya .40 plane engine sitting around doing nothing so thought why not :)

Have picked a design to base it on and am now planning out the engine supports ready to mark out and cut the alluminium when I get a chance at work, reckon it will take me till the summer all in all with the time I have to fit it in.

Not sure if working on 23rd Feb but if im about and the weather is better I will most likely be there.

Weather permitting, we'll be there for 11:00 I'm bringing some sandwiches and a flask of coffee to keep me fuelled for the day and I'm not leaving until its either dark or broken!

I will be bringing my tools and spares. I also have a table which will be left out by my car for use by anyone that needs it.

As for numbers... I have three friends from work (2x Savages and a Bullet) and a old school friend who is bringing others with him (they have Baja's) then there's some from Lincs Bashers on Facebook. And of course whoever joins us on here! Looks like its going to be a good turnout?

Edited by DeadMeatUK

Just put Tapatalk on my iPad and wanted to try to post a picture

hy5unuju.jpg

abedegem.jpg

Did it work? If so do you like my wheels? I had to remove a lot of material from the spokes to get them to fit!

• Like 1

Ansmann Terrier with a Force 28. And I have some money left over for either a new engine or brushless conversion minus the Lipos and charger. What to do..? I'll be a while yet, until I have enough Lipos for a decent bash

Oh... I've just fitted the Terrier wheels to the short course... Not the best fit under the wheel arches but it'll be better for Bawsey

Just got a set of sand paddles, just in case the hostiles don't work in the sandy bit. Hopefully the weather holds up a bit.

I ran the standard Baja SS wheels at Bawsey and they were fine, problem I can see with sand paddles is there is also alot of grass areas so I guess you would be limiting where you can drive without having to swap wheels over all the time.

Okay, time for an update...

I'm planning on getting there for 11:00 and I have a pit table and a power socket on the back of my car (crocodile clips should clamp on) which is connected to

We usually do a Tesco run before hand so we haven't got to pack-up and drive off site. There is a Maccy D's not too far away. Back just off the Kings Lynn roundabout.

I'll bring a 12v battery too and if Matt (x9moto) comes, maybe he could bring his super quiet generator?

I'll try and remember to bring a load of crystals for people to use.

• Like 1

i will be there if the weather is ok, and the generater could be stuck in the boot if anyone needs to use it, just remember to bring your mains leads for your chargers, sounds like it should be a good turnout, lets hope the weather behaves and warms up a bit.