• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

km gt3b transmitter fault ?

snapon

Whilst setting up my throttle linkage on car today and setting noo on the transmitter i then noticed that whilst held in my hand any slight movement of the transmitter and the steering servo is twitching ? Hold the transmitter still and tap the base where batterys are and steering servo keeps twitching ? Thinking about it now i always wondered why when i switched on trans then car and done throttle and steering check , everytime i put trans down on ground the servo tried moving ? I take it this shouldnt happen as also when you hold it in your hand and move it around u get the twitching still ! Think these km ones are copies of the real flysky ones and im gonna ring rcmodelz on monday for a replacement under warranty

Tried swapping servos around on rx and still same , just this time throttle servo twitching . All connections in rx good and no trapped wires . Spoke to rcmodelz and was told to send tx snd rx back for them to check out but to be honest i so peeded off with keep doing this . Had the same with steering servo . Think im gonna drive the km of beachy head but oh hang on a minute it doesnt bloody start YET AGAIN !!!! knew i should of saved up for an hpi lol

From the sounds of it you have a dodgy steering potentiometer in the transmitter. Sometimes a 'pot' can go 'dirty' and get affected by vibration. Had a similar issue some time ago with an old futaba set. Luckily the pots were open frame, and a dash of contact cleaner sorted it.

No....really not worth it.

You open up the TX at your own risk....as they may then claim you have tampered with it. Better to send it back as is. They will probably just send you a replacement radio and deal with the faulty one later through whoever their supplier is. These are cheap radios, so don;t expect great things on quality control. You will get the occasional rogue one. Just be glad you didn't buy it from an E-Bay seller in China! at least it's easy to send back :)

Recieved brand new flysky gt3b tx and rx this morning , fitted and all good ! Feels a bit better quality then the other one which km stickers instead of flysky but i guess km just use there own stickers on the flysky set ?

Radios can be funny, I remember when I got my ERevo and took out the Traxxas radio to flogon, When I put my gt3b in I found that the Traxxas servos for some reason wouldn't work with any of the 5 rx's I had, And that was with an external BEC, Had to change the servo's in the end, Weird.