Photo
- - - - -

i plugged my lipo in and the plug started to smoke anyone know why.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RCbutcher

RCbutcher

Veteran Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • RC Cars:REVO .26 - savage xs ss cc3800

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

We have land scapers in and i thought ide tear the slash around the mud pit theyve made and as soon as i plugged the lipo in it started to smoke and now it wont fit the flux esc but seems fine on the sc8 esc.
I checked pos and neg are correct. Im nervious now it was only conected a second but has melted the esc plug alittle. Im worried the esc is junk now too. Since it wont even flash when i touch the terminals.

And to top it off the workers are here now and its time for me to leave damn it. I bet theyll have filled the holes by tonight aswel gutted probably the most exciting terrain ive seen for my rc and right on my door step.

#2 ninjagaiden

ninjagaiden

MSUK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • RC Cars:E-Baja, Maverick Vader, GTP2e, E-Slayer, R1, Twin Hammers, XXX SCT, DEX410R, Turnigy 1:16

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Sounds like either a dry joint on the battery connector causing increased resistance or your ESC is fried. What connectors are you running? Have you used the battery a lot of times already?
  • bunnie likes this

#3 RCbutcher

RCbutcher

Veteran Member

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • RC Cars:REVO .26 - savage xs ss cc3800

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

No mate but youve anwserd it i left out a crucial peice of info to keep options open. I fitted a new plug right before it happend plus only had a tiny amount of solder. Does this mean the esc is most likly fried. I only saw smoke from the plug and the esc side took the worst the lipo looks fine except a tiny little mark but works on my other esc.

Another thing is the flux esc wires have afew cuts and to try to minimize stress on the new solds i taped both wires together.

Now if i force the lipo to the flux esc nothing happens at all mayb the plug isnt going in far enough or i blew the esc which i hope now lol i did use flux when i solderd but i didnt fully tin the ends just the tips (muppet i know lol)

I was just rushing to get out before the workmen arrived i was too tired ehen i got home last night so..... You know how it is lol hopefully there still digging today its a full re scape so with luck ill get muddy tonight.

#4 suicideneil

suicideneil

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • RC Cars:GorillaMaxx, TXT-1, Madbull

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Less haste, more speed.

Try replacing the connectors & use more solder to get a real solid join. If the esc won't react with any of your batteries then chances are it's toast; chalk it up to experience and replace it / get it repaired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Modelsport UK