• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi vorza flux hp esc fan help.

big turbo

My mate got his hpi vorza the other day the only issue is the esc fan is not working. Can anyone tell me if the fan is ment to work all the time or does it cut it at a set temp??

As if there is a problem it will need to go back.thanks

Does the fan come on for a little while when you first turn the ESC on Then turns off after the ESC arms?

If not the Fan has failed.

the fan on the MMM (HPI Blur is rebranded Castle mamba monster)

only comes on at 140F after the initial fan test.

Edited by GorillaZilla

Yes the fan works on power up doing the esc check beeping bit then cuts out. Thanks for the help and info.

Yes mate this is completely normal, the fan does not run continuously, only if the ESC reaches 150 degrees Fahrenheit :)

I always wonder why they have the Fan only come on at a certain temp.... I vaguely remember something about the "Fan note" vibration was having detrimental effects on the Longevity of the ESC.... No idea for sure though as it was a long time ago...

Though you would think it better for the fan to be on all the time like on the EZruns, To fight the temperature rise right from the start.....