• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Mini 8ight upgrades and hop-ups and meny more

Sheilstar12

I would look into the charge if postage was addedif the goods was under the

Edited by silone74

They always charge a handling fee if duty needs paying but I am still sure unless the price of the goods is over the limit allowed the postage should not be included?

Si

i was looking into the import duties and i found this was on the hmrc website

Royal Mail/Parcelforce handling fees

If duty and/or tax is payable, Royal Mail/Parcelforce will pay this to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on your behalf, and charge a handling fee to cover:

• operating the postal customs depot
  • handling the package for customs examination
  • opening, repacking and resealing the package if required
  • paying the charges to HMRC on your behalf

Note that if there is no duty and/or tax to pay, you won't be charged a handling fee.

buying from outside the EU

If you order or send purchased goods other than alcohol, tobacco, perfume and toilet water from a country outside the EU then you:

[*]don't have to pay Excise Duty

[*]may have to pay Customs Duty on goods with a value that exceeds

I would phone them up to clarify because it states the price of the goods nothing about combined with the postage and it also says "Note that on all goods from outside the EU, Customs Duty is waived if the amount of duty calculated is

Edited by silone74

I was looking at the springs from thetoyz.cand i looked around and found them cheaper

will the scrt10 shocks fit straight on or do i have to modify them? I only ask because i found a thread elsewhere saying they had to modify the shocks to fit

They are aluminium instead of plastic with bleed hole and the piston has a larger diameter hole in it than the standard shocks at least thats what I understand from the specs,to give a better performance and smoother action.

They are an upgrade part.

Si

Edited by silone74
  • Like 1

I would say the best person to ask is http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/142072-best-mini-8ight-yet/ I don't know this member but from reading the posts about his m8 I would say he would be the one answer that.

Si

I would say the best person to ask is http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/142072-best-mini-8ight-yet/ I don't know this member but from reading the posts about his m8 I would say he would be the one answer that.

Si

Mainamigo runs these and said that they transformed the ride, but he's an indoor racer and Im not sure as to how much difference you would notice if you are just a basher. Real shame that they are green as that matches nothing and clashes with everything on my rig :)

I would say the best person to ask is http://www.msuk-foru...mini-8ight-yet/ I don't know this member but from reading the posts about his m8 I would say he would be the one answer that.

Si

Cheers mate I'll see what i can find out.

Mainamigo runs these and said that they transformed the ride, but he's an indoor racer and Im not sure as to how much difference you would notice if you are just a basher. Real shame that they are green as that matches nothing and clashes with everything on my rig :)

I"ll look into them as not too sure what i want to use the M8ight for yet, was planning on racing it but it bashes so well lol. My profile pic is my 8ight Te flying on the Herts track that Losi used for the M8ight video, hopefully get up there for the first time with the M8ight next weekend, see how it runs and decide from there!!