• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

just took a yama in px

ravenguard

well seen and heard about these ,i no what you all think :tease:

DSC_0255.jpg

but after i quick look over its not that bad,

arms are crap (so ill find others to fit)

wheels will be changed.

front alloy tower is soft

rear tower need to be stronger

gearing is fine ,also metal gears

but all in all much better than the xcr

time to start maken stainless steel parts

Edited by ravenguard

Neither the top or lower front arms from the Baja will fit. They're wider than the Yama's so the stock hinge pins aren't the correct size.

Check my post out from the other day, including a few pictures of the differences between the Yama & HPI arms ; http://www.rclargescale.com/forum/general-large-scale/6589-yama-buggy-repairs-upgrades-mods-anything-else-27.html#post57223

Neither the top or lower front arms from the Baja will fit. They're wider than the Yama's so the stock hinge pins aren't the correct size.

Check my post out from the other day, including a few pictures of the differences between the Yama & HPI arms ; http://www.rclargesc....html#post57223

thats a great help mate,1 thing,why didnt you use the bajas ball end instead of the yama rose joint?

Ill have a look at xcr tops as they are stronger than yamas ,also look at fg bits

Edited by ravenguard

Standing engine up is a total pain,done it to my bros xrc but ended up fitting an fg rear end on it,and front.

think ill leave it as is, I have a fg road pipe that I can fit,also ill fit xrc front arms as there better than stock.

Standing engine up is a total pain,done it to my bros xrc but ended up fitting an fg rear end on it,and front.

think ill leave it as is, I have a fg road pipe that I can fit,also ill fit xrc front arms as there better than stock.

Better than red tape you mean lol

Not sure quite like the red bits lol.

Guys scottyboi is the new owner of my hpi baja :-)

Hey all ;)

welcome it sound like you got a good deal

what air filter has it got one

i have to say i dont like the body shell it looks like there is too many gap and i hope the switch is waterproof

welcome it sound like you got a good deal

what air filter has it got one

i have to say i dont like the body shell it looks like there is too many gap and i hope the switch is waterproof

Airfilter way to small

Green :-S

Dont think I would run in the wet.

But its a good base for a project,

Airfilter way to small lol

Green :-S its not the colour it how it look

its a good base for a project, ye that is true you do like your projects

what a you aiming it to look like or are you make a one of a kind

thats a great help mate,1 thing,why didnt you use the bajas ball end instead of the yama rose joint?

Ill have a look at xcr tops as they are stronger than yamas ,also look at fg bits

I got the arms 2nd hand from one of the techs at my LHS just to see if they would fit and he must have took the HPI rose joint out. I presume if you buy the set new, the lower arm comes with the joint pre-installed?