• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Losi 8ight T

cyronn

Hi Guys,

First off sorry if I beat a dead horse again but this is my first project really. I bought the rtr version roughly a week ago and I am not going to run it as a nitro (got fed up with my picco revo). I am awaiting delivery on the Losi conversion kit, hopefully next week it should come and then I bought an Xerun 150a with a Xerun 2000kv motor (please arrive before xmas). Anyways now to a few questions, I plan to run 4S 4500 / 5000 mainly (I have a 4S 4500 already) with that esc and motor setup does that sound about right ? I know I have to replace the shock tops/bottoms as they tend to break. What else tends to break, in thinking I will have to replace them at some point just would like to know.

The Losi kit comes with comes with 15t, 16t pinion and 45 spur gear is there any others I should buy at the moment? Also what wheels/tyres best on sand/tarmac and gravel.

I bought the 8ight T as I might go to a few practice days/nights at a track (when I find one) near me. Also for some light bashing madness.

I will take some pictures and post them in this thread when the conversion kit arrives. Been itching to start lol.

edit: thought ill add a pic

losittt.jpg

Edited by cyronn
  • Like 1

Um well myself and my old man has bought some helis to start off with (belt v2 heli/honeybee/luma v3) before I bought my Revo last year. We have been having um how you put it flying difficulties due to your skills haha but with my luma v3 I am good just a bit scared really when it comes to the others. Anyways after buying my Revo last year it gave me the bug to get something more responsive, plus my old man got the E-Revo with a mmm combo and put me to shame as it was quicker. So I would like to do one better and maybe for us both so have some fun at a track.

As I play baseball during the summer months and have winter/spring training I have found with nitro I just dont have the time anymore. I do plan to make time with this build though xD

For hop ups as I have said some alloy shock tops/bottoms and maybe some carbon shock tower mounts. So far just need some help on the others (edit)

Edited by cyronn

mostly from rcuniverse and other US forums really. just been googling my nuts off thats why I thought i would make a thread about it as members will have there opinions and experiences with the truggy. one thing I do know is that it can take a beating than most say it would with the right hop ups and in the air it is easy to control, which I am looking forward to.

edit: also with the esc and motor combo i got it for just under

Edited by cyronn

ah ok thanks can you suggest either an 4S pack or 2x2S packs that will be adequate and not to expensive please fella..

edit: I know decent packs cost a little bit which I dont mind to pay for just not looking for the top, if that makes sense.

And as you say should be looking at least 35/40 constant right? Last time I had a battery RC car/truck/buggy was with the orginal Grasshopper I was about 10 back then living in South Africa.

Edited by cyronn

thanks dude, for some reason I did think the nano tech was better. ah well s"""t happens, I was planning on making a hobbyking order soon just didnt know which ones to order but you have showed me the way forward :thumbsup: . the one 4S 4500 nano tech pack show be ok for the first few runs right ? as a starter thing.

might be ok but the pack will deteriorate pretty quick as it cant supply enough power

dont get me wrong nanotechs are good packs

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11957__Turnigy_nano_tech_5000mah_4S_45_90C_Lipo_Pack.html 4s

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17273__Turnigy_nano_tech_5300mah_2S2P_30_60C_Hardcase_Lipo_Pack.html 2s

these would work.....again there are better ones but on backorder so i never linked them :xd:

Ok thanks mate, I will probably use the 1 pack I have now and make an order from hobbyking at the start of the new year from using the links you have supplied (cheers) Also with the esc and motor combo will that fit right with setup ?

Edited by cyronn

A small update, the conversion kit and esc/motor combo arrived. I only ordered the Xerun combo on the 6th and it arrived on the 14th not bad at all. The package was marked down too, so it must of went straight through customs which was nice xD. The Ebay username is compassho2005 if anyone is interested in getting the same combo soon.

escmotor.jpg

If I have time tonight I will start to strip down the nitro bits and put the conversion kit on. Will keep everyone updated.

edit: The esc is blue like the motor just in the picture looks black hmmz

Edited by cyronn

So I decided to strip the nitro bits off last night but sat there for a 20 mins thinking why does my hex drivers dont fit lol. Ah I need some imperial drivers, lucky I had some but they where the key type. Anyways after laughing to myself for a bit I managed to strip her down.

stripped1.jpg

Then started to put the converstion kit on which was a nice fit I must say.

con1.jpg

However now looking at the motor mount plate the sits on the motor and is adjustable. I did run into a problem with the hex screws Xerun supplied to fasten the plate on. They where to short as they did not have enough thread on to stick out of the plate for the motor to tighten. Its not a big problem as I know a place that will supply longer ones I need and see if I can get some imperial drivers while I am there.

Hopefully I should have all the electrics in tonight. Does anyone know if I will need to programs the esc first or can I just use the factory settings?

Edited by cyronn