• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Desert Buggy thread! (Turnigy, Kyosho, Losi, Axial Exo, HPI C1 buggy) Axial Exo Update Page 6!

not amazingly... most are special order... thats a major downside... but one i can live with :)

i seem to have had good luck (or i'm a better driver :whistling: ) than others who have purchased this... as many are complaining about brittle parts...

this remains to be seen tho :P

haven tbeen able to put it through its paces yet... still waiting on a replacement spur gear :(

Joe, I'm sure someone on the Hobbyking comments section used an Ultima DB spur gear. He did! I just checked ;)

that would be me... :P

i've got it on order, but it just hasnt arrived yet,

matt, i pioneered the boil it to increase flex method, been doing it on hypers for yonks ;) so this will be getting the usual treatment... just not untill i have broken something in its stock setup.. for review's sake ;)

Edited by Bazzokajoe

on my first outing with my db i broke the rear sus arm the pin holding it in is held in place with a plastic bushing and on contact(not very fast as it was still stock then) it just popped out easy to fix but a bit of a weak point

my diff started clicking after 2or 3 packs just undone it and rebuilt it with oil as it comes with grease and it's been fine since and it now has a flux 5700kv combo in there.

doe's anybody know if firestorm parts will fit as they seem to much stronger but yet are meant to be built around the same platform

as for spare's iv'e not come across any yet

cheers

andy

will get some pics up soon

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

so its now the 13th... guess its not out yet then :P

right, i've started collecting together my electronics setup for the soon to be released EXO and here are a few pictures :P

12012012364.jpg

so thats:

HPI Qbase / MMP

Castle 10A BEC

Savox 1257

and either castle 1410 3800kv or tenshock 411sc 4600kv

turnigy nanotech 6600mah 65c-130c 2s

Bec wired in nicely and attached to the esc for a clean install, thinking about getting some black heatshrink to wrap it in to neaten everything up :P also thinking about switching the battery wires for some 12awg black ones on both sides... no risk of reverse connecting them as the -ve one wont be able to reach the +ve plug :)

12012012366.jpg

but i cant decide on the motor... so i will have to try both... and possibly get a 5200kv tenshock as well if these arent fast enough on 2s :)

12012012367.jpg

decisions decisions....

Edited by Bazzokajoe