• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bez's 1:8 Hong Nor Short Course Project - RCotY 2011

-BEZ-

As a few of you may already know im a bit of a Hong Nor fan boy, OCD helps but i wont get into that now lol

Any way I already own a SCRT10 and as much as I love it its still based on a 1/12 crt5, its tough but it could be so much stronger.

So ive decided to build a Short Course Truck out of 1:8 Hong Nor parts. Thankfully being familiar with both the CR and CRT in both X1 and X2 trims has been an advantage to match all the parts up with little complication.

heres a few pics of the project so far :good:

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

In the back of my mind I was hoping a SCRT10 shell would fit, but it soon became apparent that it was just way too small :rofl:

IMG_1287.jpg

after speaking with timaaay who owns a SC8 we got some measurements and found that a SC8 shell should fit, shame there sooooo expensive lol

As far as the chassis build goes I have a motor mount on order, but I need a pair of front 16mm bigbore shocks, and some crt x1/x2 front body mounts, If anyone has any for sale please PM me :good:

leccy wise Im planning to run a castle 1512 2650 on 4s, and to start with I will power it with my hobbywing SC8 Esc, probably start with a 17t pinion as thats worked well for me before on CRs :)

Watch this space for updates :D

Edited by -BEZ-

not sure on bumpers atm, I want to get the SC8 shell mounted up and see how it looks. I still have some nylon6 rod left over from the bullet rollcage i built so im sure i can fabricate something :good:

ive got a slash shell on my crt and its fits very well mate tbh

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

its got 16mm extenders and 1/2 offset wheels though mine the shell could go forward more if i didn't have the bumper on lol prob line up the arches better

Edited by mixmasterjay

Yeah the motor mounts are all the same between the CR and CRT, yep buggy arms used on a truggy chassis, also mounted a front tower on the rear to keep the profile of the chassis as low as possible.

Its defiantly going to be a SC8 shell, as the measurements seam pretty much spot on, I like what you have done with the slash sell tho jay, looks good :good:

i think he wants the wheels inclosed in the shell like a 1/10th sc :)

looks cool though :good:

yeah i know he wants to do that with the wheels i was just illustrating the slash shell on a crt just so he has a width perspective on it i said the offset ;)

thankyou bex , its a bit mashed now though pmsl , not much left around the rear shock tower lol haha