• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho 1::5 Lancia, just taken delivery

pantera2075

I've had 2 of the real things in the past - and the wheels aren't a million miles away from the originals - just the holes are bigger. Got some FG F1 slicks somewhere......

@Jony I'd be surprised if you looked inside - the amount of parcel tape around it was ridiculous.

I've had 2 of the real things in the past - and the wheels aren't a million miles away from the originals - just the holes are bigger. Got some FG F1 slicks somewhere......

@Jony I'd be surprised if you looked inside - the amount of parcel tape around it was ridiculous.

HaHa :rofl:

11 hours to strip, clean (20 years of 2stroke mix, dirt and cat hair - I don't think it had ever been cleaned properly) and fix nacked and snapped stuff. Made a steel upright for the front. Swapped wheels to FG. It now runs and drives - FG could learn a thing or two, it's loads less jiggly and hectic than a Marder.

IMAG0005-vi.jpg

IMAG0006-vi.jpg

IMAG0007-vi.jpg

IMAG0009-vi.jpg

• Like 1

Just taken this for a bash on an off road track.

I'm impressed - it knocks spots off my Marder and my Mutilator - even on on-road tyres. It's not quite as fast, but it handles superbly, turns well, stops well even on it's standard brake. It doesn't want to fall over on every turn or just do donuts, and only one thing broke - a chunk of the rear bumper - but that's 20 year old plastic and I can understand it.

• 4 months later...

@Umeshg.

I can't give much advice other than:

My new wheels are FG F1 wets - because I'd got them handy - but you also need FG wheelsquares.

Since then I have superglued extra rubber to the orig tyres and spun them down on a lathe.

For spares search "Kyosho GC" on ebay. You'd better be patient and have deep pockets.

Other than that, strip, clean, put pack together, enjoy.