• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick Strada MT Evo MODS/Hop-Ups?

Matty1996

TBH i dont think it helps not knowing who makes them. I assume they are a copy of something but what i wouldnt know.

i think im going to sell mine soon as i bought a savage and so far it seems 10x more durable and stronger than my MT Evo S, shame as i only bought it brand new 3 weeks ago :confused:

Hey guys, ive got a mav strada mt too, although not the EVO model but its pretty much the same.

Right, so the HSP Brontosaurus is exactly the same truck- thats how i get cheaper spares when i have a crash, maverick charges the earth whereas a cheaper company like HSP are dirt cheap even tho its the same part as maverick.

Also the Nitrotek Bugcrusher is the exact same truck again so upgrades are easy to come by its just knowing where to start looking, try typing it into google and u'll see how many upgrades there are out there- its just that maverick dont brand them!

Try this site: rcmodscars

and check out my MAV STRAD: Strada MT

• Like 1

nice one very handy to know. They Axial 2.2s on your rig?

I know the font has all gone wrong but my "e" dont work and copy/paste plays up.

The tyres are off a maverick scout rock crawler and the rims are 2.2 traxxas geodes, they are stock on the traxxas summit 1/16, it was a nightmare finding rims to fit those tyres- without going for beadlocks of course.

I think the only real aluminium upgrade you need for the strada is the aluminium rear uprights, mind you thats pretty much goes for any truck- ive been through about 4 sets of plastic uprights on mine and i still cant be bothered buying alloy ones, oh well.

• 3 years later...

Lol. I crass into a tree stump cut low at other end of friends garden and now need front steering hub. Love the look of you rear hub. Do you know which HSP I need to get parts from for my xt evo s?

I've used the HSP upgrades on my original Strada MT, I got them from here: http://www.rchobbyestore.co.uk/rc-spares-c1/spare-car-parts-c2#c42:t25

So far they've been really good, apart from an aluminium steering linkage bending but that may have been due to me crashing it into a metal pole sticking out the ground! :whistling:

Upgraded rear hub:

">http://gallery_31817_2956_1296897.jpg

Just viewed link awesome mate nice one. Can't believe how cheap it all is. Will be putting an order in soon.

Do you know which HSP I need to get parts from for my xt evo s?

I don't know exactly but I'm guessing it's one of these: http://www.hspracing.com/product.asp?catid=508

Most of the parts fit more than one model though, I expect the hubs are the same on the MT, XT, SC and so on. If you can find a part that looks the same as the standard one (apart from being aluminium obviously) it'll almost certainly fit, just make sure it looks exactly the same. :)

Edited by Luke B

The original bearings should fit as the new hubs should be identical apart from the material. They might need some "persuasion" to get them out of the original hubs though, it depends how firmly wedged in they are.

I'd buy new rubber sealed ones. Rcbearings.co.UK do good quality ones at fair prices and sealed ones in the hubs will keep muck out. It's worth keeping the plastic hubs as spares and they are surprisingly durable. The alloy ones I found never quite sat the bearing right and the front ones suffered from bent steering arms.

I'd buy new rubber sealed ones. Rcbearings.co.UK do good quality ones at fair prices and sealed ones in the hubs will keep muck out. It's worth keeping the plastic hubs as spares and they are surprisingly durable. The alloy ones I found never quite sat the bearing right and the front ones suffered from bent steering arms.

Oh I have just ordered new alloy hubs!!!! And bearings aswell!!! :-( oh well let's hope it will be ok as just signed in to tell all and saw this message... Bummer

You may get a fine pair of hubs... Mine were imports from China (as they are so cheap!) and I've had mixed quality. I also had a 4600kv 4 pole motor in mine which might not have helped with durability.. Sc8 and tenshock going in next...