• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Summit vs.Axial SCX10

does anyone has a traxxas summit or an axial scx10? what do you think is better of these 2 crawlers? im thinking of buying a crawler soon and i dont know which one is better..i also watched many videos of the axial scx10 honcho&dingo and the traxxas summit but i really havent got an idea which car i should buy..:confused:

Personally I wouldnt call the summit a crawler.

If you want a crawler with speed go for the wraith!

Agree 100%.

The Summit might have a slower gear but it'll never be a crawler.

If anything I would call the Summit a scaler, it's a great truck and all that but if you want a crawler I'd deffinatly go for the Axial

If anything I would call the Summit a scaler, it's a great truck and all that but if you want a crawler I'd deffinatly go for the Axial

A scaler :lol:

Have you actually seen a Summit or even a scaler :rofl:

A scaler :lol:

Have you actually seen a Summit or even a scaler :rofl:

laugh.gifyeah but the Summit is just as far from a crawler as it is a scaler

laugh.gifyeah but the Summit is just as far from a crawler as it is a scaler

I see your logic there, can't say as i agree, but i do see where your coming from :thumbsup:

Summit = Big massive kind of crawler monster truck thingy :lol:

SCX10 = Scaler and crawler :)

They are in some form,two different things - I personally find BIG crawlers not as good to crawler with,for example i think the Summit would be like that even though it's a great truck.

Yes it will climb stuff etc,but you won't have the more realistic drive as an SCX10,when that crawls slowly,for example on a 55T motor,it's so much more like the real thing :good:

Summit = Big massive kind of crawler monster truck thingy :lol:

SCX10 = Scaler and crawler :)

They are in some form,two different things - I personally find BIG crawlers not as good to crawler with,for example i think the Summit would be like that even though it's a great truck.

Yes it will climb stuff etc,but you won't have the more realistic drive as an SCX10,when that crawls slowly,for example on a 55T motor,it's so much more like the real thing :good:

I agree - Get a 55t motor and a rock crawler Esc in an scx10 and it performs like a fully kitted out defender, scale speeds and incredible torque, I love mine, to the point where I am digging holes in the garden just to play with it,

DSCF0117.jpg

Edited by bbadger

I agree - Get a 55t motor and a rock crawler Esc in an scx10 and it performs like a fully kitted out defender, scale speeds and incredible torque, I love mine, to the point where I am digging holes in the garden just to play with it,

DSCF0117.jpg

thats a cool pic, not sure the wife is gonna like this or you but i think i might go and buy an scx10 now rofl.gif

i also think that im going to buy me an axial scx10 but i dont know whats the difference between the honcho and thee dingo.and what do you think about the axial wraith which is comming out mid may??is it a cool one? you know, i want an car to go mudding in the forest and so.would the axial scx10 perfect for that? and the wraith??:helpsmilie:

SPOT ON :D Exactly what i mean.55T motor and 14T pinion with stock spur = lovely :P

Lux off the top of my head,the honcho is the kit,with metal links and steering rods etc,where as the Dingo is RTR with plastic links,however on the plus side,it has lights :P

Edited by 53HRA

SPOT ON :D Exactly what i mean.55T motor and 14T pinion with stock spur = lovely :P

Lux off the top of my head,the honcho is the kit,with metal links and steering rods etc,where as the Dingo is RTR with plastic links,however on the plus side,it has lights :P

if you go for the Dingo, the first thing you MUST upgrade are the steering rods, you can get the upgrae for less than