• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LuxSlash

LuxSlash

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • RC Cars:lrp blast, tamyia Madbull

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:56 PM

does anyone has a traxxas summit or an axial scx10? what do you think is better of these 2 crawlers? im thinking of buying a crawler soon and i dont know which one is better..i also watched many videos of the axial scx10 honcho&dingo and the traxxas summit but i really havent got an idea which car i should buy..:confused:

#2 HUNTER.P

HUNTER.P

MSUK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts
  • RC Cars:HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6, Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate, HoBao Hyper 8.5, Hong Nor X2CRT

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

Personally I wouldnt call the summit a crawler.

If you want a crawler with speed go for the wraith!

#3 LuxSlash

LuxSlash

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

thanks mate, but the wraith isnt out yet i think. on their site they say it would probably come out in the mid of may.:good:

#4 HUNTER.P

HUNTER.P

MSUK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts
  • RC Cars:HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6, Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate, HoBao Hyper 8.5, Hong Nor X2CRT

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

cant you wait :P

#5 cbr6fs

cbr6fs

MSUK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • RC Cars:HPI Firestorm, Tamiya M-04M, HPI Pro3, Pro4, HB Cyclone WCE x 2, Losi MRC, Axial XR10, Erbe

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

Personally I wouldnt call the summit a crawler.

If you want a crawler with speed go for the wraith!

Agree 100%.

The Summit might have a slower gear but it'll never be a crawler.

#6 RC4ever

RC4ever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts
  • RC Cars:Slash 4x4, T-max, Jato, Losi xxx4, Losi xxxs, Losi xxxBK2, Losi xxxCR, lightning10, hyper7e, losi comp crawler, Losi 8te

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

If anything I would call the Summit a scaler, it's a great truck and all that but if you want a crawler I'd deffinatly go for the Axial

#7 cbr6fs

cbr6fs

MSUK Regular

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • RC Cars:HPI Firestorm, Tamiya M-04M, HPI Pro3, Pro4, HB Cyclone WCE x 2, Losi MRC, Axial XR10, Erbe

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

If anything I would call the Summit a scaler, it's a great truck and all that but if you want a crawler I'd deffinatly go for the Axial

A scaler :lol:

Have you actually seen a Summit or even a scaler :rofl:

#8 RC4ever

RC4ever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 3,497 posts
  • RC Cars:Slash 4x4, T-max, Jato, Losi xxx4, Losi xxxs, Losi xxxBK2, Losi xxxCR, lightning10, hyper7e, losi comp crawler, Losi 8te

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

A scaler :lol:

Have you actually seen a Summit or even a scaler :rofl:

Posted Imageyeah but the Summit is just as far from a crawler as it is a scaler

#9 cbr6fs

cbr6fs

MSUK Regular

• Members
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:50 PM

Posted Imageyeah but the Summit is just as far from a crawler as it is a scaler

I see your logic there, can't say as i agree, but i do see where your coming from :thumbsup:

#10 53HRA

53HRA

Rawr!

• Forum Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,638 posts
  • RC Cars:Love a bit of everything (twss)

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

Summit = Big massive kind of crawler monster truck thingy :lol:

SCX10 = Scaler and crawler :)

They are in some form,two different things - I personally find BIG crawlers not as good to crawler with,for example i think the Summit would be like that even though it's a great truck.

Yes it will climb stuff etc,but you won't have the more realistic drive as an SCX10,when that crawls slowly,for example on a 55T motor,it's so much more like the real thing :good:

#11 bbadger

bbadger

MSUK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • RC Cars:Hyper 7 TQ Sport Black, hyper 10 SC, scx10, Brushless Mad Monkey, M40 Audi Quattro, 3 x tamiya

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

Summit = Big massive kind of crawler monster truck thingy :lol:

SCX10 = Scaler and crawler :)

They are in some form,two different things - I personally find BIG crawlers not as good to crawler with,for example i think the Summit would be like that even though it's a great truck.

Yes it will climb stuff etc,but you won't have the more realistic drive as an SCX10,when that crawls slowly,for example on a 55T motor,it's so much more like the real thing :good:

I agree - Get a 55t motor and a rock crawler Esc in an scx10 and it performs like a fully kitted out defender, scale speeds and incredible torque, I love mine, to the point where I am digging holes in the garden just to play with it,

Posted Image

Edited by bbadger, 01 May 2011 - 10:19 AM.

#12 RC4ever

RC4ever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

I agree - Get a 55t motor and a rock crawler Esc in an scx10 and it performs like a fully kitted out defender, scale speeds and incredible torque, I love mine, to the point where I am digging holes in the garden just to play with it,

Posted Image

thats a cool pic, not sure the wife is gonna like this or you but i think i might go and buy an scx10 now Posted Image

#13 LuxSlash

LuxSlash

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

i also think that im going to buy me an axial scx10 but i dont know whats the difference between the honcho and thee dingo.and what do you think about the axial wraith which is comming out mid may??is it a cool one? you know, i want an car to go mudding in the forest and so.would the axial scx10 perfect for that? and the wraith??:helpsmilie:

#14 53HRA

53HRA

Rawr!

• Forum Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,638 posts
  • RC Cars:Love a bit of everything (twss)

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

SPOT ON :D Exactly what i mean.55T motor and 14T pinion with stock spur = lovely :P

Lux off the top of my head,the honcho is the kit,with metal links and steering rods etc,where as the Dingo is RTR with plastic links,however on the plus side,it has lights :P

Edited by 53HRA, 01 May 2011 - 07:43 PM.

#15 bbadger

bbadger

MSUK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • RC Cars:Hyper 7 TQ Sport Black, hyper 10 SC, scx10, Brushless Mad Monkey, M40 Audi Quattro, 3 x tamiya

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

SPOT ON :D Exactly what i mean.55T motor and 14T pinion with stock spur = lovely :P

Lux off the top of my head,the honcho is the kit,with metal links and steering rods etc,where as the Dingo is RTR with plastic links,however on the plus side,it has lights :P

if you go for the Dingo, the first thing you MUST upgrade are the steering rods, you can get the upgrae for less than £10, and it makes a HUGE differance as the plastic rtr one bends when any load is put on it and you loose a lot of steering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users