More pics courtesy of Kentech:
RC TA06 PRO Chassis Kit - TA06
Item #58492 (COMING SOON)
The latest addition to Tamiya's on-road R/C touring car product line is the TA06 PRO, which was created with input from the world championship-winning TRF (Tamiya Racing Factory) team. Tamiya started the modern touring car standard with the TA-01, which was first released in 1992. This is the 6th generation 4WD chassis, which features a totally new layout design that offers excellent balance. The motor and battery are mounted along the center-line of the chassis with the radio gear positioned on either side. The DUAL-DRIVE SYSTEM features belt-driven front and gear-driven rear wheels. The gear-driven wheels offer sharp throttle response and improved acceleration. The battery pack can be accessed from the underside of the chassis for convenience. The refined Inboard Front Suspension (IFS) setup can also be changed to a standard outboard setup thanks to the kit-included damper stay parts. Front and rear gearboxes are equipped with newly-designed gear diff units to efficiently transmit motor power and offer superb traction and acceleration.
Specs and Features
- Oil filled TRF Special Dampers (Hard Black Coating aluminum shock bodies)
- 4WD, independent double whish bone suspension system
- Re-buildable Universal Drive Shafts
- Low-Friction Drive Belts (174mm, 453mm)
- Aluminum Motor Plate
- Full Ball Bearings
- Aluminum Turnbuckle Shafts (Blue)
- Aluminum Ball Connectors (Blue)
- Hi-Torque Servo Saver (Black)
- The motor is installed at the mid-rear position which helps improve traction for the rear wheels.
- Comes equipped with aluminum motor plate and aluminum spur gear holder from the TA-05 chassis platform.
- Compatible with TA05 and TA06 touring car and sports car body sets
- Suspension parts from the previous TA-05 platform are used on the new TA-06. (short reversible suspension, steering blocks, castor blocks and optional aluminum suspension mounts) are all transferable
- Molded plastic parts are made of durable FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic)
- Chassis battery compartment is compatible with NiCd, NiMh, LiFe and LiPo battery technologies.
- The battery pack can be accessed from the underside of the chassis by removing the battery cover.
- Standard outboard suspension is possible with the kit-included damper stay parts.
- Note: Body, wheels, tires, motor, battery/charger and R/C radio gear sold separately.http://www.tamiyausa...roduct-id=58492