• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How To Revive Your Old Engine For

B-Master

let me finish this tutorial first :) then i will think about making a port and polish tutorial but its not a very easy tutorial to do really beacuse most engines are diffrent and will need diffrent types of porting done depending on if you want top/mid/botttom end improvments i tend to always port my engines from new but i have port and polished used engines before its less impact but it is still very noticable :good:

Hi tom24-7 throw me a PM let me know what engine you got and and what you want done and i will let you know how much to referb it for you if you wish :good:

thanks very much for your kind words guys i am glad its appericated it took a while and with the hard times currently its always good to save some money :)

i have had a fair few pms regarding doing a porting tutorial i will try and do this over the weekend i have another spare engine sat in my box i will see if its sevicable :)

I have also had a fair few PMs asking how much i charge to do this for people i dident really write this guys to sale a service but i am happy to do this for you if your not confident enough or dont have the time if you let me know what engine you have and a few other details i will ask for i will let you know a price

thanks for all your PMs and kind words

what a great thread that is,, its good to see you go through so much trouble to help others , i will definately be trying this over the next week or so i think on a old knackered engine, i will let you know how it goes :good:

added to my favourites :D

Edited by dazj10

very good guide :good: ive read about using a jubilee clip before, but alway wondered if it gave equal pressure all the way around. May try this with my s9 as its already had one pinch (but not been used since) so when it goes again iv nothing to loose :lol:

dazj10thanks for your kind words would love to know how you get on when you try it .. some photos would be nice and if you have any questions atall please PM me happy to help out :)

koiboy it depends how well you look after your engines and how well you do the process i tend to get about 2-3 more gallons out of a engine before its dead and you dont really want to do this process more than once you can try but you may only get a gallon if that

badger906 if done correct you will get equal pinch all round i also have a proper engine pinching kit (not jubaliie i did this guide to save people money and before i treated myself to a proper pinch kit i used this methord all the time and i really dont notice much diffrance between a jubalii and a proper kit (ofc there is some diffrance )

Edited by B-Master

its 36mm mate but i am now using the adjustable Quattro which is 32-35mm and its a awsome clutch system fits on my king box and smd box fine in my losi and mugens

NEWS%20OT-FR124-C.JPG

Edited by B-Master