• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ARRMA RC Cars & Transmitter

Garry

arrma_raider.jpg

Following the presentation of ARRMA Raider in October 2010 it was fairly quiet for the manufacturer. ARRMA now emerged with its own stand at the International Toy Fair in Nuremberg and brought some new off-road RC Cars and a transmitter.

arrma_adx-10.jpg

Here is ARRMA ADX-10 2WD Buggy seen. Under the body are also like the Raiders and all other RC Cars by ARRMA a TVP chassis made of aluminum.

arrma_mojave.jpg

ARRMA Mojave Desert Truck 2WD 1/10th scale.

arrma_granite.jpg

ARRMA Granite 2WD Monster Truck.

arrma_atx_300_24_ghz.jpg

The steering wheel of the extraordinary ARRMA ATX 300 3-channel 2.4 GHz remote control can be freely positioned and rotated to be completely on the other side for left-handers. The batteries are like the old Futaba Megatech from below pushed into the handle.

Source: RCNews.de

That controller looks awesome! Its a shame there is no ability to lower the wheel for extra comfort but for me it looks a massive improvement. The abilty to move it around. My arms are lazy so this looks good. I am yet to find a comfortable controller. The closest I got was a spekky but for the price it just seems silly.

I really like the idea of all the models being based on that TVP design. its an interesting idea allowing lots of cross over parts. From the 3D renders on their site it looks like most of the models can easily be converted from one to the other.

Edited by louder

• 6 months later...

Arrma-Raider-1.jpg

Today Arrma released what look like pictures of the production-ready line of 1/10 scale electric off-road cars on their Facebook page. Information about the Arrma buggies and trucks have been around for some time now and by the looks of things the CAD rendering on www.arrma-rc.com have materialised now. We look forward to see the official specs and features when they become available.

Arrma-ADX-10.jpg

Arrma-Fury.jpg

Arrma-Granite.jpg

Arrma-Mojave.jpg

Arrma-Raider.jpg

Arrma-Vortex.jpg

296288_218097374911167_217992961588275_569470_254823332_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ARRMA Raider:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1FaeKx9As

ARRMA ADX10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwgTOgZiTeo&feature=related

ARRMA Vortex:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht5NQfbeMCE&feature=related

I was really lucky enough to be involved with the filming of these videos of the Raider, ADX-10 and the Vortex, I'm driving one of each in the videos. :D

so whats your opinion on the cars as you have had first hand experience?

They are great cars. I don't know what price point they are aiming for but the spec is just right for a basher, things like tough arms, ball races, metal drivetrain etc. The range is probably closer to the E-Firestorm than the Rustler (those things are near indestructable :lol:) but I'd pick an ARRMA over the HPI. We bashed the Raider, the Vortex and the ADX10 over 2 days, on MTB trails, a BMX track, a halfpipe, and a multi storey carpark, and the only mishaps we had were a polycarbonate wing falling off and a slightly bent shock tower from a 15ft drop on its bum. :rofl:

looks like arrma are aiming to have a real go at getting in the hobby and aim to do well.

nice to see somthing alittle different in terms of design for the buggies. certainly something to look at aswell.

i can see no reason that they can get a good start but time will tell if they have what it takes

Real Short Course trucks run on wide, flat(ish) motocross style tracks, real Desert Trucks run on rally special stages through the desert/scrubland. They are basically a bit more ''go anywhere''.

Not sold on the idea of a 2WD Mt, and not a fan of the looks of the Raider ... but the Vortex could really tempt me.

The Stampede is a 2wd Monster truck. Before that there was the Tamiya Blackfoot series. Even though a 2wd MT sounds weird, they are sales successes.

Also....can someone explain what the difference is between a Desert Truck and a Short Course Truck?

In this particular case, not a lot. Its really just a different shell.

In real life, a Short Course is designed for racing inside a dirt filled football stadium, so its a stripped down sprint racer (no spare tyres etc) with huge boards on the trucks side for its racing number, so fans can tell who it is. Desert trucks race on deep, long courses in open desert, so carry spares, but don't have number boards.

Edited by Si Coe

My yongest lad has a Stampede....so I know all about 2WD MT trucks.... I am just not sold on the idea! I think 4WD is more natural and works better :) Mind you...Stampy still wheelies!

Real life wise, I knw desert trucks....love the Paris Dakar :) Just more interested in what they had done RC wise. I loved the idea of SC trucks, and loved the look...but was profoundly disappointed with the reality. Where I run it just highlighted the grip roll and handling issues, and none of the fun. I needed access to a good dirt track, and that would maybe have made thigns better. If they took an SC truck and made it handle a bit better, with wider stance and fatter tyres, that might work. Stiffer shocks.....

Price thing is a bit of a downer. If they are pricing them higher than a brushed Traxxas or HPI, then I would want to see a similar level of backup and support. It puts it on a different level as far as the competition goes as it would have to be better than both.