• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

*Losi LST & XXL Owners Club*

dtokez

Welcome to the Losi LST owners club :good:

I will be updating this first post very soon with home handy hints and tips regarding the LST!

Club banners:
lst.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33809233/lst.png

(Click insert image then use the above url as the image location)

lst2.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33809233/lst2.png

(Click insert image then use the above url as the image location)

XXL OWNERS:
dtokez
PRAETORIAN
Scorey
maiden939
Mulds
Vimto2000
swede
BORO-ROB
DannyP
wastegate
JayJ
soximus20
MarcusF
ARDV8
m0th

LST2 OWNERS:
nosmonkey
kristian1995
JayJ
martin34
my0wnme

LST OWNERS:
zashark

AFTERSHOCK OWNERS:
leongordon234
Royal Male

(let me know if you own one - and lst / lst2 owners let me know if I have you on the wrong list cheers)

Edited by dtokez

Cheers mate, will look them up :)

Got one of the ebay specials coming from Merlin Hobbies.

Could do with some advice from Praetorian as to what bits to strip and inspect soon ;)

Heh, put aside a few hours and you will be ok.

Diffs need taking out and cracking open to make sure there is grease in them. Tranny you need to do the same as well as ckecking the screws inside are tight. On mine and Andy's the screws were that tight we couldnt budge them. On others I have heard this isnt the case. If they are not uber tight, make them so! :)

Uhm, wheel hubs need stripping and putting back together with locktite.

Grub screws on drive cups need locktiting.

Also you might have to re-route your cable for your RX pack. Mine was delivered with it sticking out feom behind the engine. Soon fixed it when the tranny was taken out though. :good:

I also made sure I locktited my clutchbell screw as well. Just nipped it up mind, not balls out tightened it.

Theres possibly more, but I cant remember :)

Thanks for explaining that mate. are the diagrams usefull?

Also - I guess it doesnt come with a failsafe?

Any sign of your fuel yet bud?

Failsafe is built into the spekky gear. Also a return spring on the carb slider but it seems pretty useless. I would use a manual failsafe as well as the electronic one.

Fuel arrived today. Yey!!

The manual appears quite comprehensive and also has a full parts list.

Hope you get a red one mate. The only person I know who got a blue one killed it on the first run out! :lol: (not sure if he stripped it down and rebuilt it first though or ran straight out of th box.)

Running straight out of the box is a no no......tempting but STEP AWAY FROM THE FUEL BOTTLE!! :P

how does a manual failsafe work then - I thought they were all electronic, and fitted in between the receiver and throttle servo?

ahhh I hope I get a red one aswell lol, was the blue one from Merlin? what died on it do you know?

I'm not a great fan of the red shell though to be honest but hopefully soon I will spray a custom one up :)

thats good news :) running in no time then!

what stuff did you get - 25%?

how does a manual failsafe work then - I thought they were all electronic, and fitted in between the receiver and throttle servo?

ahhh I hope I get a red one aswell lol, was the blue one from Merlin? what died on it do you know?

I'm not a great fan of the red shell though to be honest but hopefully soon I will spray a custom one up :)

thats good news :) running in no time then!

what stuff did you get - 25%?

Yeah blue one came from merlin. Front diff chewed and bent drive shaft as I remember.

Merlin provided the parts free of charge I think.

I run on Byrons Gen2 25% Race. Have done on all my cars for a while. I run either OS8's or MC-9 plugs, but my mate has bought some MC-59's to try in the XXL. Dunno how he is getting on with them.

Manual failsafes are like a spring or a rubber band that you loop over the servo horn and around the carb slider. In the event of a battery disconnect it closes the carb enough to stop a WOT run away. Dont put it too tight though, or you will stress the servo too much.

Cheers :cheers:

Edited by PRAETORIAN

cool thanks mate, so I wont need to buy an electronic one.

Will I need anything else other than fuel?

maybe a couple of glo plugs?

fingers crossed I dont get a duff one!

Got this message from them - ''hi, dan,hope i have got the name right,before i send the truck ,i will get my guys in service,to tune it up and check it all ok,i say this because only a few mind you have had a few problems and they only lived a few miles away so they came and sorted it,so meaning im shipping it to you,i dont want you to have any problems.

samantha''

Hmmmm :huh:

lol

when do you plan on running your table decoration Scorey?

Whenever I am free. Not often seeing as when I get back it is dark and I have Saturday school which is great. Sunday is full of homework. Don't you love school? Basically whenever possible...

Whenever I am free. Not often seeing as when I get back it is dark and I have Saturday school which is great. Sunday is full of homework. Don't you love school? Basically whenever possible...

long time since I went to school mate, but I know what you mean lol. Try doing a degree though - crazy work load lol

just looking at fuel to get me running. Does the XXL come with a filler bottle does anyone know?

also, I'm going to get some glow plugs, do I want mediums or hots?

on average how many tanks worth does 1 glow plug last for?

just looking at fuel to get me running. Does the XXL come with a filler bottle does anyone know?

on average how many tanks worth does 1 glow plug last for?

anyone know who has got one?

• 2 weeks later...

Prae have you still got your xxl? if so have you run it yet mate?

I'm on the 5th tank I think and I luv it :lol:

body took a bit of abuse thoday though:P ..oh and I lost the pull start off it lol

if I take it out tomorrow I'll try get a vid

Hi all,

New to this forum and new to the hobby. Just bought my first nitro MT. Went for the XXL as was influenced by a friend who built his one from scratch. Will hopefully get mine tomorrow.

Any advice would be very helpful like best break-in and what to check out of the box.

Many thanks!!!

Heh, put aside a few hours and you will be ok.

Diffs need taking out and cracking open to make sure there is grease in them. Tranny you need to do the same as well as ckecking the screws inside are tight. On mine and Andy's the screws were that tight we couldnt budge them. On others I have heard this isnt the case. If they are not uber tight, make them so! :)

Uhm, wheel hubs need stripping and putting back together with locktite.

Grub screws on drive cups need locktiting.

Also you might have to re-route your cable for your RX pack. Mine was delivered with it sticking out feom behind the engine. Soon fixed it when the tranny was taken out though. :good:

I also made sure I locktited my clutchbell screw as well. Just nipped it up mind, not balls out tightened it.

Theres possibly more, but I cant remember :)

Welcome to the forum Mulds good.gif

the post ive quoted is a good checklist for things to check over.

good luck with your xxl mate tongue.gif i luv mine!