• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how too lock my diff ( TT01 )

classic

One way to semi lock your diff, is to fill it with vaseline. You can easily change it to unlocked again, and if your using drift tyres, you won't notice the difference between a vaseline locked and fully locked diff

Edited by Michael.

I've got Blu-Tac in mine, they stay locked fine unless you do doughnuts (fun for about 20 seconds).

If I were you, I'd buy the bits needed to make another pair of diffs and lock those up, so you'll have a pair of locked ones and a pair of standard ones ready to drop in and use.

• 2 months later...

what part of the diff or diffs (front and rear?) should I be sticking together to lock them?

And also how much of a difference does it make, I've been drifting my TT01 for a while now, starting to get the hang of it pretty well, will this make much of a difference?

Ta

Kinda hard to explain, hope these pictures are clear enough.

Standard diff:

diffvn5.jpg

Blu-tacked diff:

tackeddiffcm3.jpg

Basically, all the teeth-to-teeth faces on the inside of each diff needs blu-tacking. The more you put in, the longer the effect lasts. Remember to wash the grease out first!

I agree with the blu-tac for locking these diffs on the TT and the TL diffs.

They should stay locked if they are well packed in the first place and you can unlock it just as easy as you locked it.

I'd suggest locking the rear and putting a one way unit in the front.

Brucie.

Just locked my Twin Detonator diff in the way that Leegsi suggested- it works great, no hassle or mess, and will be as strong as the stock diff was.

Don't bother with bluetack, just put one of the small bevel gears (MA13) in between the other two, and put the diff back together as normal.

• 9 months later...

i get 2-3 mm of pipe for the fuel and put it on the bar at the end of where the small gears go

it ushes them tighter n causes friction locking the diff n depending on how much you use eg 3mm will lock 2mm will tighten

works great

n so quick to take out if u wanna grip again

laters

n any feedback for my first post?

laters

lew

:blush: