• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

11 hours ago, capri-boy said:

This elusive program box:

26069314964_c51910ba84_o.jpg

Is that to control this one?

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__64619__TrackStar_150A_GenII_1_8th_Scale_Sensored_Brushless_Car_ESC_PC_Programmable_UK_Warehouse_.html

33984(1).jpg

I've got the Skyrc TS150  one (exactly the same but blue) It's hopeless without the program box.

My Skyrc has been going for 2 years solid now. Hope yours is as reliable :thumbsup:

Edited by dazp1976

A load of XT90 connectors for when I get fed up with trying to pull those EC5's apart. Those Coolrc EC5's are good thick quality but that isn't necessarily a good thing. When they're on they're on! 

6 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Is that to control this one?

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__64619__TrackStar_150A_GenII_1_8th_Scale_Sensored_Brushless_Car_ESC_PC_Programmable_UK_Warehouse_.html

33984(1).jpg

I've got the Skyrc TS150  one (exactly the same but blue) It's hopeless without the program box.

My Skyrc has been going for 2 years solid now. Hope yours is as reliable 

It does yes, though I sold the ESC before this came back into stock, however I'm trying the little trackstar clubman ESC in my micro ( rebranded ts50) and it uses the same one.... Allegedly.

I'm happy enough with the 2x Skyrc XS8T 1700kv motors I got the other week so I bought 2 more while the price was reasonable :)

Also thought I might as well get another Yeah racing twin heatsink thingy while I was at it.

As I could be bothered with the camera this time I did a quick recap of this weeks waste of money so far :lol:

Should be near sorted for the better weather months now :good:

sJdYcC1.jpg

Edited by dazp1976

Finally temporarily set up the Chargery 1500w beastie power supply that came the other week and spaghetti junction  :nuke: 

Just need to sort out the cave now and make a permanent home for it. Waiting for some 10AWG cabling now so I can get the board and batts a bit further away from it.

iP4rwSa.jpg 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Finally temporarily set up the Chargery 1500w beastie power supply that came the other week and spaghetti junction  :nuke: 

Just need to sort out the cave now and make a permanent home for it. Waiting for some 10AWG cabling now so I can get the board and batts a bit further away from it.

iP4rwSa.jpg 

How the hell does the charger know if all the batteries are charged or not
Surly if 1 is low and 1 is charged - it wont know the difference and force charge a charged battery? unless im missing something here...

Ziggy

Just now, Ziggy122 said:

How the hell does the charger know if all the batteries are charged or not
Surly if 1 is low and 1 is charged - it wont know the difference and force charge a charged battery? unless im missing something here...

Ziggy

You just make sure you don't put 1 on that isn't lower/higher. For instance if I charge 6 but only run 4 before the car breaks then the 4 go on for storage, then the other 2 go on for discharge.

If they're all within say 3.65v-3.75v after use then that's fine too, they will equalize themselves just leave them connected for 5 mins before charging. The charger reads the voltages of the highest battery via the balance line so it has never gone over on any before and the batteries share the load themselves.

So far on my other charger I've only been able to do 3 at a time via a harness.

It just works as long as you do it all correctly.

I always use my volt checker on them all before they go on to double check.

With any luck I'll charge the 6, use 3, put those back on, run the other 3, put those on, run the other 3, etc etc.

Lil un likes to play on the field down the way so if I have to keep an eye on her this will keep me entertained :lol:

Back from holiday after a week and arrive to loads of RC mail! Track star rucksack, xt150 connectors and charge lead, 80wt shock oil, 2 5000mah 40c 2s lipo and some other bits 05db5ee90fccf0cf19d926e1dc050b0a.jpg

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1