• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TC4 for club racing?

Rustypeb89

Hi all, so have been thinking more and more that I would like to get back in to racing at some point and was wondering if my old team associated tc4 would still be any good? I need to buy all new electronics as well so not sure if it's worth doing for my old car or just get something newer? 

Thanks 

Its not going to be the most competitive car out there but itl be a good starting point until you can afford a better model. 

Dont be tight when you buy the electrics, get something good that is going to last and be competitive, then when you are ready for a new chassis you can just swap the lot over.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running a hobbywing 2.1 120a for the last 3 years and its an excellent bit of kit and can be picked up cheap now. Extreme stock is also a good cheaper version of mine.

It will be great for running blinky or boosted. 

I run 13.5 boosted and its never skipped a beat. 

Motor wise I also reccomend the turnigy trackstar 13.5, fantastic motor which is easily competitive with the big names for a fraction of the cost. 

20 quid allturn USA servo and you'll have a great setup which will compete. 

Couple it all with a turnigy 6000 2s hardcase lipo and for not much over 100 quid youl be ready to race. 

I'm not saying those are the best options out there but its what I would go with as a minimum. Go too cheap and you will find yourself wanting to upgrade in a few months.

And then when the time comes get yourself a good chassis. I recently picked up a tamiya trf419 for £130 and its absolutely fantastic. Easily keeps up with all the top drivers at my 2 clubs  

• Like 1