• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Baja Kraken TSK-B Flux

.AJ.

11 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Nice selection of upgrades, some good choices there.

Cheers, planning on getting the PCSC Slipper clutch and a TR quick diff case pretty soon as well, I've also got a set of IRC clipless hinge pins on the way p, I hate C clips! :lol: 

http://www.innovative-rc.com/hing-pins-full-10pins-p-658.html

3 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

FYI; if you haven't ordered any already you'll definitely need better tyres than those, they're absolutely awful lol.

They are just to use onroad, they were cheap so I don't mind burning them out quick 

I'd use the castle cap pack, being smaller, easier to strap down.

I've had good results with the slipper BUT it chews through the ally spacers (and needs shimming differently than the instructions). HPI say it shouldn't be used with the flux, but they keep releasing the Savage with new shells, so balls to 'em! :lol:

17/57 gearing is fine for 7s, three teeth higher than HPI suggest (see above, lol)

68ohm resistors.....Where did that rating come from? 2w 10ohm was, I thought, sufficient....

Edited by Noj

Ah, that guide.....

What wattage have you chosen? I must replace the one on our lasses 5B this year, the 7s crack never gets easier to deal with, even after three years! 

Really hope you enjoy the leccy badger for what it gives you back in grin factor.....

42 minutes ago, Noj said:

Ah, that guide.....

What wattage have you chosen? I must replace the one on our lasses 5B this year, the 7s crack never gets easier to deal with, even after three years! 

Really hope you enjoy the leccy badger for what it gives you back in grin factor.....

1w, I don't think the ratings matters too much from what I've read

8 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Got any slicks to run on road with?  I've got a set if you can borrow then if you need to!

Cool, I'll give them a go :good:

16 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Yeah, they will work reasonably on road once they're warmed up, but off road, All Terrains are hopeless, even the genuine Hostile ones lol.

Trust me there even worse on road than off you won't keep it in a straight line especially if it's even a bit damp lol