• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's Baja Kraken TSK-B Flux

.AJ.

Anyway, she is all back together and ready for tomorrow...

AA30DA13-75AF-417D-BD41-1943A27806DE_zps

There's a a few things I wanna work on, the main thing is the battery box, it's a complete pain in the bum, I'm going to order up a Fast Eddy rx box eliminator kit and TRX RX box and then work it all it from there :) 

Not a lot to report from the weekend, managed 2 runs, which were about 12mins in total, not bad for 4500mah packs, I will be ordering some much bigger packs this week tho, 

Lastnight I started to fit the IRC clipless hinge pin set 

DC9F03EE-236B-4FA4-BF7F-7A733CB155C9_zps

Bez should be able to print up a battery tray that bolts to the rear chassis plate, I think he did one for madmini...

I have the 800kv to drop into the rail build....Expecting a bit more top end with slightly lower runtimes. 12 mins is pretty good for the packs you have. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noj said:

RCMonster conversion (which I'm fitting to the rail) has a bolt down tray..... I think castle missed a trick here with their kit, however....

Have you got a link to that tray? I tried to find it on their site with no luck 

Came with the kit, which I grabbed from Norco.... Don't believe it was ever offered as a stand alone part.

Just looked on the site, Baja conversion no longer listed? Hmmmm, that's a bit poor, as it is a nicely made thing...

That's a shame, back to plan A for now, I'll wait till I have some bigger lipos in my hand and work it out from there :good:

Anyway had this turn up today..... 

FE4B982C-CBFF-41E7-8471-6965E4156C42_zps

Ive got a PCSC clutch arriving tomorrow, once that's here I'll rebuild the rear end with these parts and the Chase towers I already have, this now leads on to my new question... What oil are people running in their diff???

• Like 1

Not sure if the fact it's brushless and with a slipper will really make any difference to oil selection, but around 5k-10k seems to be what most use, myself included, it allows for a nice amount of play but keeps the wheels together when needed.

With the slipper removing some of the immediate power, you may want to opt for the 10k.

Just ordered up a pair of lipos

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gens-Ace-B-70C-6750-4S1P-HardCase-14-LiPo-Akku-/172497694285?hash=item2829a9ee4d:g:DQwAAOSwEzxYU9Di

Its a bit of a risk because as the seller is a completely random, if all goes well I would have saved over £80 vs UK prices and £20ish over German sellers, if I do have problems I have Paypal to back me up anyway :) 

23 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Not a lot to report from the weekend, managed 2 runs, which were about 12mins in total, not bad for 4500mah packs, I will be ordering some much bigger packs this week tho, 

Lastnight I started to fit the IRC clipless hinge pin set 

DC9F03EE-236B-4FA4-BF7F-7A733CB155C9_zps

Judiciously light torquing and a dab of weak blue loctight helps immensely with these.  

:good:

• .AJ. locked this topic
  • .AJ. unlocked this topic