• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash 4x4 rtr wanted.

Hi all.

150-200 ish gbp.or px with hpi firestorm.  

I'm looking at getting a slash 4x4 and I've got 3 possibles at the moments. 

1. Fox edition, scabby body. And possible displaced spur gear. But otherwise ready to run including batteries etc. Good price . But do I take  chance it's just the spur gear. 

2. Roller in need of prop shaft. Tidy looking truck. Also good price. 

3. Dearest of the lot. But has aftermarket motor esc etc. So not sure it's suitable for my needs  and want to splash and play etc. 

And there is the perfect one on Gumtree but can't get  hold of him. 

Cheers for your help. 

If any floating around let me know. New to all this. 

Edited by Skiprat1977

without links or pictures, how can members give an honest opinion?

Buying any second hand rig could open up a world of expense, or not....often, you'll not know until you get the item in your hands.

Cannot view the first two, the bottom two are, imo, overpriced and a bit rough. The gumtree rig is a V1, with high centre of gravity, charger is nowt special, rusty screws (may indicate low maintenance) and tbh, I think you'd struggle to fit an 8000mah pack in there....

The shpock rig is just rough, simple as, at least it is the LCG version though....

Out of them all, I'd probably say the last one is the better of them all, purely because it looks newer and although the charger is basic, it does come complete.

Personally tend to avoid those kinds of places myself, you're far better on a forum such as this one, there is a members feedback area for checking peoples history and such, so you do have a bit more peace of mind, especially as the Slash aren't exactly rare, theirs plenty around!

1 minute ago, Oh How Original said:

Out of them all, I'd probably say the last one is the better of them all, purely because it looks newer and although the charger is basic, it does come complete.

Personally tend to avoid those kinds of places myself, you're far better on a forum such as this one, there is a members feedback area for checking peoples history and such, so you do have a bit more peace of mind, especially as the Slash aren't exactly rare, theirs plenty around!

Can't seem to find many . 

10 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

You could always put up a wanted advert on here.

Guns was selling a couple, albeit at the top end of the price scale for their worth, but he might still have one for sale?

I have put one up in wanted. But no reply. 

red has cheap wheels another tell tale of "it'll do" maintenance. 

Paying top money you want top quality tbh. 

I would message turok mayb he still has a slash for sale or could be tempted into selling another one lol.  Or he might have sold them all. 

Definitely worth a shot tho.

£200 gets you pretty much pick of the litter on eBay ignore buy it now ads they'll stay on eBay most likely.  

Just search out the auction ads even ended auction ads to build a good picture of what's worth what mate. 

I love searching something the selecting ended auctions to run through sometimes I see absolute bargains I missed tho lol. 

It looks like Germany has sold out of the cheap traxxas rcs. I paid  £260 for a rally 1ten then RCmart rpm prices sorted the conversion cheaper than traxxas parts was lol.

Rpm slash 4x4 bumpers £9,odd  only from RCMART I think they are the cheapest place for rpm. Or was when I was building.  

Try Germany too you might find a brand new one for not a great deal more.  my rally was 260 shipped.  but they've sold out now.  We've seen the slash platinum at £300 over there briefly too. platinum or ultimate it was a right bargain either way.