• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

maverick strada sc evo body?

Hey just wondering what bodies are out there that would fit a 1:10 scale maverick strada sc evo

I had seen this one on model tune but as its built for a Traxxas slash didn't know if it would fit on my maverick 

Pro-Line Pre-Painted and Cut 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor True Scale Body (Blue) PL3461-13

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/forums/forum/107-short-course/?do=add

thanks for the help!!!

I can't say for certain whether that would above could be made to fit, but can say any FS short course body, like the Slash, won't fit the Strada.  I've a picture somewhere of one on top of mine, and it's massively too big.  Whomever designed the chassis cut serious corners with the Strada's so the differences between all the models is minimal.

I don;t know about the other budget SCT's out there - like the Helion's etc but assume it'll be the same.  I replaced mine with a pre-printed stock Strada body - now there's a new colour scheme out older ones usually drop in price a little.  The y made/make a clear one too should you fancy painting your own.

On 1/17/2017 at 07:27, capri-boy said:

I can't say for certain whether that would above could be made to fit, but can say any FS short course body, like the Slash, won't fit the Strada.  I've a picture somewhere of one on top of mine, and it's massively too big.  Whomever designed the chassis cut serious corners with the Strada's so the differences between all the models is minimal.

I don;t know about the other budget SCT's out there - like the Helion's etc but assume it'll be the same.  I replaced mine with a pre-printed stock Strada body - now there's a new colour scheme out older ones usually drop in price a little.  The y made/make a clear one too should you fancy painting your own.

thanks for the advice I currently have my original stada shell (which is smashed to bits from crashes over the past 2 or 3 years) but I also have one of the old-style strada sc evo s shells from the brushless version

Just now, harrison_nicholl_1 said:

thanks for the advice I currently have my original stada shell (which is smashed to bits from crashes over the past 2 or 3 years) but I also have one of the old-style strada sc evo s shells from the brushless version

Welcome. I found the pic I mentioned:

15735998588_d1f385e328_o.jpg

Wheel base isn't a million miles out, but it's far too narrow.  Whilst a 1:10 truck shell is nowhere near as wide I think it'll look a little odd.  That said I do have an LRP Blast MT shell that's quite narrow - it might work.