• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas Bigfoot No. 1 2WD RTR Monster Truck

53HRA

13 minutes ago, mond said:

I like it but not at that price.

Looking into it. The clear shell also requires all the chrome plastics, so its probably going to be £50 here + paint. Might as well buy the rtr, keep the shell and sell it on the rest:

Lets say £50 the shells worth, that leaves £195 to claw back:

radio: £30

esc/motor: £30

battery/charger: £20

(theyre prices I actually got). Leaves the roller worth £115.... possibly I suppose. It has got the chrome wheels too.

35 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

Tower. Had no letter through post about import duty thinking it's been forgotten about :lol:

No chance. :D

If it's been sent by Fedex etc. The letter with the duties, taxes & handling fee and payment demand will arrive after the package has been delivered. :crying:

John

Edited by johninderby

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

No chance. :D

If it's been sent by Fedex etc. The letter with the duties, taxes & handling fee and payment demand will arrive after the package has been delivered. :crying:

John

I  meant the parcel mate. Its been there 3 days and I've had nothing. Last time I imported it was from Japan but I had the duty letter the next day!!!

3 hours ago, Guns said:

Every Tower order ive ever had taxxed has come from Parcelforce. I track it to the local depot, phone to confirm its there and go and pick it up and pay that day. Then a few days later i get the letter in the post lol.

I would NORMALLY 100% agree here, except ... a load - literally all I think - of the parts I ordered off Tower for the X-Maxx ran the gauntlet - and made it!!

I kept quiet, but you would, wouldn't you!

Surprise for me as it always seemed like EVERYTHING from USA gets caught, and .... you know what the next part is!!

Al.

By that I mean everything thats been taxxed has gone like that. Ive had $3-400 order come through with no charge with the regular post man delivering a letter lol. But if you follow the tracking and it says "held in Customs" then "customs charges raised" I just phone the local depot when it gets there, ask how much and go and pay.

8 hours ago, bombercountynick said:

I  meant the parcel mate. Its been there 3 days and I've had nothing. Last time I imported it was from Japan but I had the duty letter the next day!!!

If it's in customs you got a letter coming normally takes 3-5 working days from parcel force if it's at your local office you can go pick it up before the letter comes but your still need to pay the fees lol .. You should get an email to say it's arrived and how much the fees are if you included your email on the shipping details ;) 

By that I mean everything thats been taxxed has gone like that. Ive had $3-400 order come through with no charge with the regular post man delivering a letter lol. But if you follow the tracking and it says "held in Customs" then "customs charges raised" I just phone the local depot when it gets there, ask how much and go and pay.

• 11 months later...