• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pro Boat : River Jet Boat

53HRA

Key Features

- Efficiently designed jet pump

- Self-Righting Hull

- High Impact Blow Molded ABS Hull

- Locking High Impact canopy

- Durable composite impeller

- Solid drive shaft with liner

- Dynamite® 90 AMP ESC 3S Compatible

- Powerful out-runner motor

- Auminum/water cooled motor mount

- Stainless steel hardware

- 2.4GHz radio system

- Styrofoam flotation

- Foam canopy seal

- Boat stand

medium.PRB08025_a19.jpg.3c3a6f1c356785d2

medium.PRB08025_a6.jpg.a44ded9c088e4acf8

medium.PRB08025_a4.jpg.5b6178d6c79767d2b

Full information and specification can be found here :) 

View full news article

• Like 1

Looks good and rights itself that's cool. It's a jet boat is that different to normal boats or are they all jet boats? 

What makes a jet boat? I have an idea but since its electric I need confirmation lol. 

Hi. The jet boat thingy means it uses an impeller in a tube & forces the water out the back instead of using a propeller. It stops the propeller that gets all tangled up in weeds,fishing line etc

59 minutes ago, RCbutcher said:

Looks good and rights itself that's cool. It's a jet boat is that different to normal boats or are they all jet boats? 

What makes a jet boat? I have an idea but since its electric I need confirmation lol. 

Impeller design over propeller... It's good for not getting the prop caught in stuff, it's bad when the water gets choppy because they rely on a constant water flow or they lose power quite drastically.

• Like 1

There are also the much cheaper NQD jetboats - but what interests me is that vectored thrust bit. Real jetboats have insanely tight turning circles, but it remains to be seen if the Pro Boat version can do that. The NQD claims to be able to, but stock they are so slow its hard to tell. 

Yes, the RC versions will also turn very quickly.

Although their is such a thing as too quickly, you immediately lose power and momentum, so it's not always a plus to be able to turn round on a dime.

My Avanti turns very sharply, anymore, and it just skips the water, that's about as tight as you want to go, without losing control tbh.

Again, check Medics videos, it shows how hard they are to control when you turn hard.

That video is very impressive, especially when you consider that almost the whole first minute is actually showing the boat going upstream against some quite fast flowing water. They don't show its true performance until right at the end - now that is confidence! 

Deffo going for one of these as 2017's boat. 

On 14/01/2017 at 11:23, cookie666uk said:

I'd rather own the Thrasher Jet boat. it looks much sturdier... 

It should be it's almost twice the price as this.. The last I looked the Thrasher was close to $700 plus shipping and import tax as there NO UK supplier 

Does look impressive but nothing that this can't do at a let less cost to your wallet ;)