• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

A lipo left unused for 6-7 months

liverpoolman1990

I was in the same boat 2 days ago. Had a LiPo lying around for at least 18 months, plonked it on my battery tester, still had 50% juice and 7,3v in it. But that wasn't empty when i stored it.

I'd get something like this.

http://www.gearbest.com/rc-parts/pp_27348.html?currency=GBP&lkid=10133836&vip=760928&gclid=CIn63_nDstECFQg6Gwod0C8O4g

(you can get that cheaper too)

Always handy and tells you immediately how far a battery is gone. 

• Like 1

I thought so long as it's storage charged it'll be fine. My lipos have sat for a year and hardly used I did check the voltage afew months ago and seemed ok. 

I think I need a better charger tho, I brought mine thinking a charger is a charger 2-6s perfect.  Now think I want more wattage than 50 or 60. 

I hope these lipos are good £70 ish used but lightly used no swelling or anything and balanced within 0.1 

I'll cycle them with extension cord in the garden mayb. The lipos have been stored in a dry cold place in ammo tin and lipo sacks. 

3 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

I thought so long as it's storage charged it'll be fine. My lipos have sat for a year and hardly used I did check the voltage afew months ago and seemed ok. 

I think I need a better charger tho, I brought mine thinking a charger is a charger 2-6s perfect.  Now think I want more wattage than 50 or 60. 

I hope these lipos are good £70 ish used but lightly used no swelling or anything and balanced within 0.1 

I'll cycle them with extension cord in the garden mayb. The lipos have been stored in a dry cold place in ammo tin and lipo sacks. 

yeah you meant to keep checking them as it could go down, if so then just top it back up to 3.7.

• Like 1