• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SkyArtek Cessna 182

Hi all,  I can regard myself as fairly new to aircraft - meaning I've had several for many years but never really had the opportunity to fly them.. However, a few years ago (and feeling the drive to actually get my backside out n fly)  I bought the Cessna 182, it came ready to fly but with a nimh battery. Not long after moving house my eldest daughter (who was 2 at the time) was very quiet one day accompanied by the sound of snapping. After rushing into one of the bedrooms where she was and I still had boxes to unpack, she was quite happy sat on the floor with the Cessna sat between her legs snapping the tail section off the Cessna :o:ack:  so consequently it's now had a new tail - and the poor thing's not even left the ground yet! but somewhere along the lines I've lost the front wheel when moving house?? I've finally found some parts for it from Nitrotek, are they any good to deal with? Also, it's a brushless aircraft and wondering if a 3S lipo would suit the electrics inside? Anyone ever dabbled with 3S on these aircraft? And if it's not suitable what esc would suit?

Edited by t2boats

2 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

Hi I can't help with the plane, but I wouldn't deal with nitrotech, there customer service is awful!

Hokey dokey thanks for that, they slow at processing and delivery the orders are they?

Ouch! Point taken.. will find the parts elsewhere then. There's so many shops in the usa which sell them but it's the waiting time customs charges that come with it.. bound to be somewhere else in the UK 

I had one of these 182's a few years ago but stopped flying it due to a serious lack of spares! Have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly? Seems like they still produce the parts: http://www.skyartec.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=80_81&sort=20a&page=1

Most of them are listed as sold out mind you, but maybe you could call them and see if you can get what you need? Hate to see a decent plane get grounded!

• Like 1

Thanks for that! Yes I had a look on their UK website, will email them though and ask for what I need. Haven't got Accor where the front undercarriage has gone from it :huh:  I want to order a new set of wings etc too...