• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outback Ranger

t2boats

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

Starting to think i should have got the outback ranger, and done a few sensible mods

If that’s the plan chap, I would personally look at the carisma sca1e or the thunder tiger hilux that’s for sale in the sales section.

@byron185 is a grand bloke to deal with too :good:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally joined the club with an Outback V2 :) It's used but VERY lightly, other than a small crack in the shell it could just about pass as new. It came with a Savox servo and HW 1060 esc, other than that it's box stock. Anything else worth doing before I hit the trail?

IMG_20181219_121935IMG_20181219_121946IMG_20181219_121959

IMG_20181219_122028IMG_20181219_125513

Use the shorter servo position, and set the end points so it doesn't stress the weak steering arms. May want to stick the battery over the front wheels as it'll help keep the nose down when climbing.

Also if they're still on worth removing the c clips on the shocks to soften the suspension.

Tbh even though I've put ally axles and beadlocks on mine I still run the stock motor, and it'll still go where scx or trx4s go, the only time it'll struggle is on step ups that are virtually the same height as the wheelbase!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome stuff, me and my son have just got into crawlers and they are briliant. Completely different to bashing and much more relaxing ??

Perfect for a nice long walk down the woods. Actually beginning to think I missed a trick not getting the boy one of these though, ended up getting him a SCX10ii like me which is great but cost a fair bit more and for his usage I reckon one of these would have fit the bill with plenty of change ?

Nevermind ?

Edited by Bix
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...