• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GT24 Owners

johninderby

Decided to start a new thread and hopefully other Carisma GT24 owners will post pics etc. of their cars. :D

Received my new Carisma GT24R today from TmeTunnelModels and here are some comparison pics with my GT24T. Body shell is a lot bigger and overall looks like a much bigger scale than the MT but suspension on the MT is wider with much bigger tyres. The MT does have a lot more ground clearance. Note that while the rally uses conventional body mount posts the MT uses Velcro but the chassis does have short body mount posts.

John

GT24-1.jpg

GT24-2.jpg

GT24-3.jpg

GT24-4.jpg

GT24-5.jpg

Rally suspension arms are shorter and has flexible clear plastic steering links. Really emphasises the difference in tyre size.

GT24-6.jpg

Err.....No. Rally body on the MT chassis. :huh:

GT24-8.jpg

• Like 1

Nice, the blue is a good colour. Just noticed the detail on the rear body stickers, well done Carisma...

Interesting comparison, rally will require smoother playing areas....astroturf is certainly a non starter.

Now.......get it running, please...:good:

Your pictures make the blue look much nicer than ive seen so far, dont mind what i end up with now. Thanks for the comparison shots, im suprised to see such a difference in width between the two. Did it come all stickered up? Saying that I could just wait until mine turns up and find out.

waiting.......

Yes they come just as you see with all the stickers applied. The pictures of the blue one from Carisma didn't do it justice. It really is a nice blue. 

The MT is a proper little monster truck and the comparison shots make it obvious why it is my choice for back garden bashing. The rally though does slide around quite nicely. Would love to try it on a painted concrete warehouse foor.

John

Red, larger than anticipated, no battery cover for the Tx in the box.

Will solder up charge leads after lunch (no available USB ports available at the moment, aside from the TV and I don't fancy charging via that!)....

37 minutes ago, Noj said:

Right....how do you cram the graphene into the tray?? Couple of mm longer than stock, doesn't want to squeeze in there....:huh:

The Graphene battery will only fit in one way. Black label side down with the wire at the same end as the connector wire. Insert "bottom" end of battery first then press down at the wire end. Just barely fits but it will fit.

John

GT24-Graphene-Fit-1.jpg

GT24-Graphene-Fit-2.jpg

GT24-Graphene-Fit-3.jpg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

Tested on the stock lipo, plenty of oomph. Hooked up on carpet like poop to a blanket, fared better than expected on the Karndean and becomes a bit of a drift weapon when the throttle is mashed.

Not keen on the response time of the Tx but as the whole item cost less than 60 quid, it can be forgiven; probably less of an issue when running in an open space than inside, trying not to damage new kitchens and the like.....;)

Agreed while not great the TX is at least useable.

One of these would be small enough to sit on top of the chassis quite nicely and allow a proper radio to be fitted as well as the set-up possibilities.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hobbywing-QUICRUN-WP-16BL30-BL-ESC-HW30105030001-/391627496714?hash=item5b2ed15d0a:g:w3AAAOSwo4pYMB5O

Noooooooooo.......must resist the urge to modify. :018:

John

Edited by johninderby

Spending a lot on this sort of defeats the point of a cheap but fun little RC. There must be some Chinese seller that does a set of shocks for just a few quid.

Might go for the ESC though as it has plenty of possibilities to improve low speed control but would need to be run on 2s. Just drill a hole through the chassis for the battery lead. 

John