• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tidnab brushless motors. 4x4 baja 12s.

RCbutcher

I heard about this on rcsparks channel and they sound very good it's a motor inside the wheels and outrunner so you can make a baja 4x4 he said. 

He also said 110mph baja is possible. 

I looked at ther fb page and saw a baja dragster which looked cool idk if that's the 110mph baja. 

They also make motors for go karts. Sound professional. 

I don't know if the forum has discussed it before. it is expensive though. But if the tech is used and good surly it'll filter down. Hobbywing or other. 

Silent running and no drive train could be other points he told about. plus being upto 12s I can't remember the minimum voltage. 8s mayb. 

Yeah I see that especially when guys go in the street. We all flip our rcs. Imagine flipping it off smack back into a brand new cars door. it'll dent it that's 1/8.

If a neighbors car that's it, wars declared lol. 

• Like 1

It's not a cheap conversion, but i do like this, each motor needs just 3s min, and you won't need any diff programming on the esc as each wheel will have a different  level of traction before spinning at a certain torque application - above that level both wheels will break traction regardless of available grip - the same as a mechanical diff would.

Will the system cope with repeated abuse though? A rolling Baja can make quite a mess of itself.....

Pelting up and down in a straight line, even at higher speeds, does get a bit boring after a while.....

The laws of physics ensure that yes, it can. Buckling wheels is my specialty, which, with out runners installed, can only lead to failure, surely?

Ten quid or so for new rims is cool.....350 sheets a corner for new electrics and ting most certainly isn't.....

I like the concept, as with many things, I have certain reservations.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

Actually, i'd say the extra unsprung weight being a plus, as helps it gets traction, from the vids I've seen of it, there's very little wheel spin and the thing just launches off a dead stop regardless of what it's on.

It might be ok for traction but it does nothing for ride quality.