• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Wr8 problems

Kef construction

Hi everyone New to the rc hobbie and forum but got addicted after buying a team associated pro rally brushless from local model shop, and recently impulse purchased a 2nd hand wr8 flux ken block, and a nitro trophy truggy (going to sell the nitro and go brushless truggy!) the wr8 looked great but when it came I I went to use it and it wouldn't drive but the steering servos all worked wondering if anyone had any ideas of what it could be?

Thanks in advance and apologies if it's a daft question!!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Everything WR8

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emsuk-forum%2Eco%2Euk%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Ftopic%2F164646-Everything-WR8&share_tid=164646&share_fid=4338&share_type=t

Here's the WR8 owners club too. Have a look in there, you may find the answer to your question. It definitely sounds like a calibration issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calibrated the escape to transmitter got movement out of car so thanks for the advice on that one,
Next problem is the when pull the trigger it goes in reverse and when brake it goes forward,
Any ideas?

Thanks all

It's a hpi flux vapour pro esc I've tried resetting 3 times but had no luck unless I've missed something again all new to me, I'll try swapping the wires over and see where theat leads, thought these electric ones were easy!!
Cheers

Solved the problem I swapped 2 wires on the motor,when pull the trigger can now go forward now thanks for the advice, now I've run it it sounds a little rough when put throttle on going to have a little play, Thanks for the advice all again

Cheers, when I put the throttle down to about half something just doesn't sound right sounds like clunking crunching sort of sound just doesn't sound normal to me unless it is? This is all new to me learning a fair bit on the forum tho,

The stock wr8 comes with metal pinion and spur. Mine makes a lot of noise while pushing it forward, it could be just the gears. 

If you don't mind, could you post a video so we can see what you mean? It could also be the gear mesh is slightly off and is crunching together.

To me it sounds pretty normal for metal gears. If you're still worried I would check the gear mesh by doing the paper trick. But it sounds pretty normal mate. I'll try and get a video up of mine tomorrow if I can.

• 4 years later...