• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KING MOTOR X2 review

just rolling

photo DSC_0444_zpskpfjuhsr.jpgphoto DSC_0434_zpsvo937qwf.jpgphoto DSC_0436_zpswnihbjig.jpg

photo DSC_0445_zpsrlcfajik.jpgphoto DSC_0435_zps8ooasqj6.jpgphoto DSC_0438_zpsec894ycv.jpg

Total cost and repairs including diesel to the shop and back a grand total of £1000, must of had all the bad luck in the world so far but still the same price as the losi and quite a few upgrades. Quite fast and great fun once its all sorted 

photo DSC_0443_zpskbium3lh.jpgphoto DSC_0442_zpsc6scdcmz.jpgphoto DSC_0433_zpsxce0squd.jpg

Made wheel arches with plastic sheet and zip ties, worked really good until i sunk it a few times in puddles, it was so much fun tho, only just fits in car

• Like 1

21 hours ago, just rolling said:

Thanks,  no vids yet, tried to video and nearly ran myself over lol. It's great for sliding about and looks like a real short course truck when it's moving 

Yes I have noted that the losi large scale ( and all clones like the x2) look very stable over the rough stuff, probably something  to do with the more even weight distribution, when compared to the rear engined stuff about

It sure is heavy, the standard tires work great, seems to grip enough yet allow it to slide enough, good for both fun and diff life. Had the vorza out today and ripped another tire off lol, tomorrow the x2 is out, exhaust bolts tightened and front brake disc bolt tightened. Going to half fill tank then check it over, then another half a tank

The stock brakes work quite good, threadlocked locked them and the alloy mounts also have tiny grub screws to try keep screws in, 1 screw fell out during use so it all tightened up again. Hopefully the screws stay in later today

Well...just been out and had a great time, only put half a tank of fuel in and all SEEMED well. Brought it back home and cleaned it, it now has a locked rear axle, the bloody joy of joys it needs stripped and prob more money and parts AGAIN, total of prob 2 and a half of tanks through it now

On 10/12/2016 at 17:05, .AJ. said:

Probably the gears inside the diff have gone, KM's are well known to have crap diffs :( 

opened it all up and it all looked and moved ok, can a alloy block move and get jammed whilst causing no damage? put it back together and managed to get an extra shim per side in the diff, gona try tomorrow and order more parts lol

1 hour ago, just rolling said:

opened it all up and it all looked and moved ok, can a alloy block move and get jammed whilst causing no damage? put it back together and managed to get an extra shim per side in the diff, gona try tomorrow and order more parts lol

Jesus, I thought I was having a bad time.

Having seen your woes I feel slightly perturbed from buying a km now.

It seems in this instance "you buy cheap you buy twice" rings true.

P.s in relation to your problem, pull the Diff and inspect before ordering parts

Only good thing is the price difference allows to pay for the parts, mostly alloy upgrades, deffo needs time and patience,  diff looked ok when I opened it, was completely locked before I opened it up, managed to get an extra shim in each side then rebuilt it. Going to order alloy diff cases and losi internals,  prob try truck today and see how it goes 

2 hours ago, sean-vrs said:

It's a touchy subject, but Imo the km baja is sorted and holds its own against the original hpi, the x2 however needs money spending and it takes the shine off the saving over a losi 5ive

Those wanting a buy and run deffo should go losi, I have a tiny tiny amount of patience left with this thing and prob costing the same as a losi at the moment but quite a few upgrades over the losi, it would be great to have 1 or 2 tanks of running with no problems. When I am feeling a bit better towards the x2 I will get the losi internals for diffs and the alloy cases and strip and rebuild again. It seems OK with the rear diff rebuilt and an extra shim per side in the diff but am in no hurry to take it out and try it 

More parts came today, losi diff internals and alloy diff cases. thought i would take it out to try for half a tank before i strip it...oh the joy of bloody joys...engine would not fire and then...it gets better...steering went onto full lock to the right and no longer does anything, yep no steering and no engine running, engine and servo getting ripped out. The engine was a bit crap at first and then after i had it running it was great for approx 4 1/2 tanks including running in, was great when i used it a few days ago and now nothing lol, servo was also great for the 4 1/2 tanks untill today. Time to save up for more parts

KM X2 vs Losi 5T is not a can of worms I wish to open again on your thread, other than to say, if people can stretch that little bit more, the Losi will run for months and years as standard without upgrades, sadly the X2 is not the same in the reliability stakes!  

Ping Andy Knight on here... he knows more about swapping out KM parts for Losi parts than anyone else I know! :) 

• Like 1

Gona save up for the g320rc 31.8 engine and try the savox sw0241mg servo, strip the whole lot, surely with a good engine and servo plus the alloy diff cases and losi internals and all the alloy parts i have added to it i can then have a reliable working car. Had fgs with zenoah engines and cy engines years ago and not once did i have a problem with the engines, they ran all day every day, 23cc and 26cc standard, in marders, monster beetles and a monster truck plus a touring car

• Like 1

It lives again lol, replaced fuel lines and the engine lives and ran great just ticking over so all good there. Rebuilt rear diff using a alloy case and losi internals and its all good, some how the servo is working ok when its not connected to the steering but i guess it will still go mad when i reconnect it. At moment then possibly just a servo to buy for the moment and swop over the other diffs with alloy cases and losi internals at some point. I do have plenty of car and upgrades at the moment for my money so am glad i went king motor x2 over the losi but i did not expect this much work / bad luck

Sounds like a receiver/power delivery issue.

If the servo works in say CH.1 but not CH.2 on receiver, then its most probably not servo related.

All your batt. Connections OK? What about pulling servo and inspecting for a short caused by screws/ pinched wire etc.

If you have a multimeter now would be the time to start using it, if not just work your way through your leccy system from start to finish ( battery to servo), it would help a lot if you had a servo testing board, or more simply, another rc t test everything on one by one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Sounds like a receiver/power delivery issue.

If the servo works in say CH.1 but not CH.2 on receiver, then its most probably not servo related.

All your batt. Connections OK? What about pulling servo and inspecting for a short caused by screws/ pinched wire etc.

If you have a multimeter now would be the time to start using it, if not just work your way through your leccy system from start to finish ( battery to servo), it would help a lot if you had a servo testing board, or more simply, another rc t test everything on one by one

i tried swopping over channels from steering to throttle etc and at the time no difference as first i thought it was the receiver, had it all apart and it seems ok today, i had the receiver in a balloon so no water etc in there, gona put it all together and try the steering before taking it out, was great all the other times and it went mad when it was stationary which i didnt understand as no load / movement at the time