• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KING MOTOR X2 review

just rolling

4 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

I llove the look of the fully fendered Grafil raptor whatever it's called, just can't justify over £200 on a sacrificial item.

Grafil do a few bodies, just been on there website, there a bit too crazy for me

looks to have a bit extra kinda mud guard bit on the front compared to x2 shell, not many options out there, might go for a clear x2 shell and some shoe glue stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Few more tanks through it today, really bad slop and cold but kept on the revs when sinking into bloody puddles. What a great truck and what a great engine the zenoah g320 is, stock tires are so much fun for sliding everywhere

Edited by just rolling
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

You think a standard G320 is good, try a modded one :D

Ah u could have the answer I require, where do I go after a g320 and stock pipe and filter? Running a 20t pinion

Edited by just rolling

25 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

You think a standard G320 is good, try a modded one :D

Ah u could have the answer I require, where do I go after a g320 and stock pipe and fitted? Running a 20t pinion

I ran a ESP ported head on my first G320 and that gave it a few more revs and woke it up nicely, the one I'm running now in my 5ive is a big step up compared to that, it's a Bartolone 34c, it's the same kinda thing as a Pro MX or Full Mod 

• Like 1

I never ran the ESP in the 5ive, I had that in my DBXL, the head came from Freeprawn, the Bartolone I built up myself from parts, it's got a DDM billet crankcase, stroker crank, balanced fly wheel, Bart head and piston etc..

Gearing for the 34 is 22/56 at the moment, you could go up to a 21t pinion easily with your G320 tho and even a 22t at a push 

• Like 1

Few more tanks and still all good, overall I would choose the x2 again over the 5ivet but buy the parts needed and install asap, mostly diff gears and seals plus clutch shoes 

Whoa few tanks of great fun at a new patch of land, just shot through the long grass like it was nothing then quite a few big jumps lol. Was quite easy to lift the front up whilst in air like you would with a 1/8 buggy to land on all fours, really does fly like a torpedo lol. Few rolls and bounces onto roll cage and not a single thing broke, really surprising for the size and weight of it. Still using all stock servos and exhaust, zenoah g320 is great with just a 20t pinion for throwing the thing about like a nitro 1/8 buggy, awesome machine

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Full strip and rebuild as a few niggles appeared after some big jumps lol, rear shock pistons had become too big to move smoothly in rear shocks...quick dremmel plus fresh oil and all good, all diffs stripped and fresh oil, few fid upgrades fitted including the brake discs...look much better...just engine to take off and check clutch then chuck back on and run again

I sold my 5t last year and was looking at getting back in to rc's again and was thinking of a x2 to save a bit of money , just wondering how they hold up apart from Duff's etc are they really any good or should I go the the real thing. 

5 hours ago, Harris2258 said:

I sold my 5t last year and was looking at getting back in to rc's again and was thinking of a x2 to save a bit of money , just wondering how they hold up apart from Duff's etc are they really any good or should I go the the real thing. 

I would get the x2 plus losi diff gears and nrp seals for them aswell, then u still save quite a bit but get the 30.5cc engine and good pipe too, keep an eye on clutch as mine wore unevenly, run mine still Al stock servos and battery plus stock pipe and filter with a zenoah g320 and 20t pinion, it's great 

Its a bigger engine and better pipe, stock servos still good, stock engine was good too just wanted more power. As long as you expect a little work then its a better choice and still a few hundred cheaper

• Like 2

My diffs are still holding up a gallon in now, have been told 60k f, 100k c & 30k r is a good setup.

Pipe is very loud - much louder than a Baja with a clone Dom - to the point you could barely hear it over the X2, decent power tho, plenty quick enough for me at the moment