• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KING MOTOR X2 review

just rolling

Good work, I got rear bearing holders to fit fid ones, hopefully get my 20t pinion and spacers tomorrow and I will swop the zenoah spring to the 8000

I run a 8k spring on my g32 mate. Absolutely mint engine strong as. Had that much compression my mate thought he seized it[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It sure takes a bit more tug than the km 30.5 with the pull start, had my baja out today with the km 30.5 engine, it went good but nothing compared to the x2 and g320

Another tank thru today and no problems horayyyyyyyyyyyy, zenoah g320 deffo makes it a lot better again, just waiting on 20t pinion to come for a bit extra top speed

• Like 2

On 08/01/2017 at 19:10, just rolling said:

X2 still alive, ordered a zenoah g320 to fit and stock engine into a hpi baja. Baja goes great but glad i swapped all the km clutch etc over, the x2 worked great but after taking the clutch etc off to fit engine into baja 1 of the 2 clutch shoes was badly worn, 1 looked new and 1 very worn, not good but worked ok or it seemed like it did, km clutch into the bin

Glad to hear you over the hurdles matey!!

Put a vid up!!

• Like 2

Another tank thru great, 20t pinion going in plus red clutch spring,  few rolls today and nothing broke. Switchblade kill switch works great 

Strong as ay mate. Beat mine up quite a lot to be fair. Nothing broke yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Good that  you have had no more problems, both of my x2s came Friday there still in there boxes will get them out next week I hope 

Edited by kenny_st
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, kenny_st said:

Good that  you have had no more problems, both of my x2s came Friday there still in there boxes will get them out next week cc

38 minutes ago, kenny_st said:

Good that  you have had no more problems, both of my x2s came Friday there still in there boxes will get them out next week I hope 

Cool, great once sorted, deffo be ready for losi diff internals, I would also get nrp O rings, good diff oil, great engine and exhaust, servos still good and standard battery does the job, enjoy 

9 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

Got my X2 coming Wednesday, and already got a plan to use on old wheelbarrow inner tube as a set of dirt skirts on the cage. 

Good plan, can't wait for drier days

3 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

I'll take my chances with the diffs, if they go then no biggie.

I know they're a weak point, but I've also heard of some having no issues whatsoever.

A few had been ok with there diffs but all 3 of mine went within 3 tanks including running in lol, another tank done today with 20t pinion fitted and red 8000 spring on the zenoah g320, it bloody flies along, body looking a bit tired now. Anyone tried them internal cover things? other body options? thanks

9 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

Like the look of the 30*N big flex bodies myself, i know they're not to everyone's tastes but thry seem to hold up to abuse pretty well.

I like the look of them and seems to be the only option 

27 minutes ago, Wraithstorm67 said:

I spent a couple of days putting shoo goo on my shell and it's had lots of tumbles

only damage is a crease in 1 wheel arch but no cracks at all well worth doing

That stuff sounds great when reading up on it, i shall try that around the mounting holes where i seem to be getting the most damage. For the size and weight of the x2 the shell holds up alot better than i expected as when it tumbles it deffo tumbles lol, gotta get outta the way!

27 minutes ago, Wraithstorm67 said:

I spent a couple of days putting shoo goo on my shell and it's had lots of tumbles

only damage is a crease in 1 wheel arch but no cracks at all well worth doing

That stuff sounds great when reading up on it, i shall try that around the mounting holes where i seem to be getting the most damage. For the size and weight of the x2 the shell holds up alot better than i expected as when it tumbles it deffo tumbles lol, gotta get outta the way!

4 hours ago, kenny_st said:

the 30*N big flex bodies are very good a guy at the local track has a black one, makes the car a lot beefier to

has it got a bit extra like mud guard under the shell at front? looks to have on photos