• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

So I'm super excited and super happy to get my hands on these, I cant wait to crack the seals and start building !!

First up a massive thanks to the guys at RPRC Distribution who supplied these and for all there help and advice so far :good:

http://www.rprcdistribution.com/

Right that said let's commence with the pics etc 

5A35510F-E77E-4E9B-8886-0DABCF2E845B_zps

A05BAFEC-D953-4D46-A290-BD594C54A556_zps

A little comparison pic to show the size of the box lol 

F887AE77-1C2D-499D-9FC1-75113250C4E3_zps

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

17mm alex

Found opening up the holes with a blade made for much easier starting on all the rod ends.

You'll fall in love with Tekno as soon as you build one 

I had issues with my 17mm hex's. They kept falling off, someone else who I race with also had the same issue.

Does this use a grub screw that goes though the shaft and holds a pin in place? 

5 hours ago, Pistonhead said:

Not had any problems with mine. They're normal type ones - cross pin through the hub and axle with a grub in the end of stub axle. Did your cross pins have a flat spot in the middle? The grub is supposed to lock against that.

I can't be 100% sure. it was the one that Tekno supplied. I just drilled and tapped the hole, never had a problem since. 

50 minutes ago, Bigjimknickers said:

I don't quite get it? It says 1/10 but needs 1/8 wheels/tyres/body & 6s electrics?

Its not a 1/10th it's a bit like Traxxas stating the summit is 1/10 when will all know it's a 1/8th ;) 

silly i know :) 

• Like 1

On 26/11/2016 at 22:20, atom3624 said:

.... and if you worked out the dimensions related to 1:1 it's probably 1:12 - 1:14.

'Scale' relates to the general chassis size and hardware used, as would be used in a buggy.

Al.

Nah I'm nowhere near that clever...

i read it in the box!

• Like 1

Just ordered up the rest of the bits I want to get this all built up treated myself to a new combo shell wheels and tyres servo and an rx for my specktrum radio .. Fingers crossed it's all here by Christmas so the day after boxing day I can finally get it built :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

Out of interest Rich, if I maybe rude and ask, what has this set you back so far with everything to get it going?

I'm only curious as it was a talking point in the previous thread with a few throwing numbers around without having actually got one.

If you'd prefer not to say, then that's fine :)

You can ask fella I don't mind but remember I bought 2 and both are presents so the actual cost of the truck is kinda voided but I will include it .. I'm only fitting out one the other my boy is fitting out but so you can get an idea I'll just do mine, it's not cheap though so be warned !

Kit                                    389.99

Motor combo                    152.99

Servo                                  61.98

RX.                                     21.98

Shell.                                  32.29

wheels.                               21.34

Tyres.                                  46.68

Total.                              £727.25 !!!

So no it's not a cheap bit of kit by far but I could have saved around £260 by using what I had to hand . I could have even spent more if I'd have gone with a Tekin combo !  Thing is though this is a present so most of the cost is offset, well that's what I keep telling myself ;) 

I have to admit though once you add it all up it's a little mad for a kit this size but in saying that if it where say a Losi kit wouldn't you be around the same price point ? Kits like this just aren't cheap to build but with good reason as you get a truck that shouldn't require X amount spent on tweaking or upgrades, well fingers crossed it won't lol .. 

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

You can ask fella I don't mind but remember I bought 2 and both are presents so the actual cost of the truck is kinda voided but I will include it .. I'm only fitting out one the other my boy is fitting out but so you can get an idea I'll just do mine, it's not cheap though so be warned !

Kit                                    389.99

Motor combo                    152.99

Servo                                  61.98

RX.                                     21.98

Shell.                                  32.29

wheels.                               21.34

Tyres.                                  46.68

Total.                              £727.25 !!!

So no it's not a cheap bit of kit by far but I could have saved around £260 by using what I had to hand . I could have even spent more if I'd have gone with a Tekin combo !  Thing is though this is a present so most of the cost is offset, well that's what I keep telling myself ;) 

I have to admit though once you add it all up it's a little mad for a kit this size but in saying that if it where say a Losi kit wouldn't you be around the same price point ? Kits like this just aren't cheap to build but with good reason as you get a truck that shouldn't require X amount spent on tweaking or upgrades, well fingers crossed it won't lol .. 

You have a point about a Losi kit being about the same, my 8ight would be around the same minus the price of the body. But it doesn't "Need" any upgrade out of the box, whereas a cheaper kit will require upgrades to be as tough usually.