• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

Alloy shock caps maybe but I would leave the rest as is and upgrade when/if anything breaks. Guy on the tekno fb page has spent twice as much on upgrades and hasn't the truck built yet, pointless if you ask me

Edited by Skinso
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yeah I here ya I have the Hobbywing max8 combo sat here which I bought brand new just for this but now I'm having second thoughts.. Shoud have waited and got a nice Hobbywing XR8 plus 1900kv combo .. I might just wait until next month and get one then and stick this in the spares box but then agian I might just try it lol 

Whatever happens this will end up sensored at some point ;) 

Next decision for me is shocks do I upgrade the Pistons and caps or just stay true to the kit ? ??

If there's any kind of warranty with it I'd stay true for now.

They've got nothing to whinge about then if you put in any claim.

23 minutes ago, Skinso said:

Alloy shock caps maybe but I would leave the rest as is and upgrade when/if anything breaks. Guy on the tekno fb page has spent twice as much on upgrades and hasn't the truck built yet, pointless if you ask me

Thats just mental :@.@:

I was told by one of the Tekno guys  the only upgrade this truck needs is a alloy servo horn lol 

Think I'll just build them as is for now although I'll be swapping out the springs 

Should be able to button all mine up this week ;) 

Once this ones done I think I will look at converting my ET4 over as well  boy that truggy is a blast ;)  

Just now, dazp1976 said:

If there's any kind of warranty with it I'd stay true for now.

They've got nothing to whinge about then if you put in any claim.

lol it's brand new only broke the seal on the box to look inside sadly left it too late to sent it back so yeah it's got a whole years warranty ;) 

Just now, mydoddy69 said:

As that's all it needs and the guys at Tekno are an honest  bunch   :good:

Your not dealing with Traxxas here you know :P

I wouldnt trust a company employee's comment on any of their own products lol. From washing machines to RC lol.

9 minutes ago, Guns said:

I wouldnt trust a company employee's comment on any of their own products lol. From washing machines to RC lol.

I keep telling you this isn't Traxxas it's all good ;) 

Tekno employees don't just stand at a counter they actually use there products know them inside out and back to front so you can trust the guys not to steer you wrong ..  They don't need to mind as they only sell top quality lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I keep telling you this isn't Traxxas it's all good ;) 

Tekno employees don't just stand at a counter they actually use there products know them inside out and back to front so you can trust the guys not to steer you wrong ..  They don't need to mind as they only sell top quality lol 

Course you cant trust them lol theyre financially linked to the product. Even if they use them theyre not gonna give a bad opinion lol.  im nit sure if youre on the wind up here with the smily face haha. 

23 minutes ago, Guns said:

Course you cant trust them lol theyre financially linked to the product. Even if they use them theyre not gonna give a bad opinion lol.  im nit sure if youre on the wind up here with the smily face haha. 

I let you work that out ;) 

• Like 3

On 17/12/2016 at 14:46, mydoddy69 said:

Had a look through my lipo collection yesterday and thought hmm I've only got a pair of 6000mah nano techs 65-130c and a pair of a spec 6200mah 65-130c lipos that fit in this Tekno. Now normally a couple of packs is good enough but I have wanted an excuse to try the Gensace 4s hard case packs for while so after seeing these on Amazon with £16 off and free prime delivery I thought why not ;) 

I only got one for now, I have had the 5000mah 40c in the past and that was pretty good so these should be even better if they are then I might get a couple more :) 

65C80F56-90A6-4EED-AA52-EBEFE3A040BF_zps

What size cables have these got? Thinking of getting a pair for my Baja Flux 

1 hour ago, .AJ. said:

What size cables have these got? Thinking of getting a pair for my Baja Flux 

They certainly look thick enough (8-10 gauge) but according to the listing they only say 1/10th and 1/8th. They look amazing at the price Doddy paid, but looking again they appear to now be not on Prime, £90 each and have to ship from Germany?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gens-ace-HardCase-Helicopter-Airplane/dp/B01GDQAMA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485261219&sr=8-1&keywords=Gens+ace+4s+6750

3 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I've never seen specific 1/5 battery's, these will do the job just fine, I've found a seller in Lithuania who sells them cheaper :) 

Im positive they will be fine :) Or these look pretty good too and from Uk if youre in a rush?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-6000mah-4s-65c-w-xt90.html

Edited by Guns

I use the Gens Ace 5800  4S and 7000 4S (I think both are 70c) hard cases in my DBXL. One pair has 8AWG and the newer pair have 10AWG wires. 

BTW the Gens Ace distributor is in Germany but last time I got batteries from them they used Fedex, so turned up next day.  It when when they were mixing the old and new packaging so I thought I had clones until I spoke to them on the phone.