• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ripmax Across 1:12 4WD Rock Crawler RTR

53HRA

Rebranded AND green, which possibly accounts for the price difference? :lol:

Takes me back to TH release day and a very sad Noj when he opened the box, realised a stock lipo wouldn't fit, stuffed one in anyway and then almost cried as it didn't perform....

BL converting one did not make the frown vanish....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Noj said:

Rebranded AND green, which possibly accounts for the price difference? :lol:

Takes me back to TH release day and a very sad Noj when he opened the box, realised a stock lipo wouldn't fit, stuffed one in anyway and then almost cried as it didn't perform....

BL converting one did not make the frown vanish....

Hey Noj,i'm all into saving the planet with a green car.;)

J

• Like 1

Watched a video by the bloke who made the flamethrower, actually looks more impressive than the TH was..... There are plastic links where the original used proper turnbuckles, but for the money, are turnbuckles really an issue?? How often does the average basher alter them anyway?

Sure... It's a re-brand, and a wee bit more cash then WLToys... But it's expanding our options a bit, which cant be bad. Maybe it's got better electronics. Maverick and FTX are UK brands of HSP and Himoto but part of that deal includes improved electronics and even major structural changes such as the alloy and plastic composites. I own both Maverick and HSP chassis of the same car and I as far as I can tell the Maverick is a better made chassis, Everything is just that little bit better put together and better presented. Also re-branding means better options and choice for spares...