• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stick Transmitters and Telemetry

ScreenByte

Hi All.

Being a bit old school (and old) I still like to use a stick transmitter.

One of the reason is that I'm also cack handed as they say and the wheel on the right is no good for me.The reversible ones are really expensive.

I'm in the market for a new one and don't want to spend a fortune so I was wondering about the turnigy ones?

They seem t have a lot of features for little money or are they only good for aircraft?

I was also interesting In telemetry but can't seem to find out how that works with a petrol car.

Any help at all please, links?

Thanks

The Turnigy or it's Flysky equivelent will be fine. You might want to replace the ratchet throttle with a sprung one though.

http://rctanksaustralia.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_20_64&products_id=125

Even though the software options only show aircraft named settings they work equaly well for surface. Just have to get used to using aircraft names for surface functions.

Wish they would realise that some people want to use them for surface use and provide the spring throttle bits along with the radios and have surface settings built into the software. It's easily done. I have the Tank Commander version from RCTanksaustralia that's all set up for surface use with new software but that's one that's specialy modified by Rctanksaustralia.

John

Edited by johninderby