• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas "Bigfoot" monster - 1/10-scale

rushboy2004

Traxxas "Bigfoot" monster - 1/10-scale

https://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/bigfoot-modern

36084-1-bigfoot-summit-side_m.jpg

• Officially licensed BIGFOOT® monster truck body available in Firestone® blue and Summit Racing Equipment® silver paint schemes
  • 30+mph top speed!*
  • Titan® 12-Turn 550 Motor
  • Powerful XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
  • Traxxas iD-equipped 7-cell Power Cell NiMH Battery
  • 4-amp DC Peak-Detecting Fast Charger
  • TQ™ 2.4GHz Radio System
  • Oil-filled Ultra Shocks
  • Authentic “shaved” monster truck tires
  • Exclusive high center ground clearance for going over obstacles
  • Waterproof electronics for all-weather driving excitement in water, mud and snow!

View full news article

Its great that they are doing a Bigfoot model, but (and this isn't Traxxas's fault) the modern Bigfoot isn't nearly as nice as the classic one. I hope they do an original too. 

Sorry but it looks like  nasty cheap argos toy grade RC to me .. 

Come on it might have been better if it was 4wd  like the original but good old traxxarse have to cut corners then charge the earth for the privilege ..

7 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Sorry but it looks like  nasty cheap argos toy grade RC to me .. 

Come on it might have been better if it was 4wd  like the original but good old traxxarse have to cut corners then charge the earth for the privilege ..

I may have to agree with you.  Ha ha for once.  It doesn't look good in that dull silver.  The blue one is far nicer. Imo.  But you would of thought traxxas would of come up with a newer chassis.  

That is not the Traxxas way, developing new things, when they can dig something old out, give it a facelift and sell more....

The 2wd 'Pede isn't bad, but isn't that good either....

The shell would fit nicely on the PMT though....

I like the Stampede - it's a capable, simple, upgradeable to the 1,000,000th degree chassis that can take a fair beating and come back for more.

It's easy to drive, great for kids to start with.

I can't knock it for what it is, to be honest.

Al.

Agree entirely with atom's description of a 2WD Stampede. I bought a well used one for my kids to play with and it's brilliant. Slapped in some decent electrics, and it's a well sorted little truck.

Trouble is .... the basic brushed model is £200 and the brushless over £300. Then you add the cost of a licensed shell, and it's no longer a beginners entry level machine.

Mine stands me around £100 all in....

• 1 month later...

It's a Son Uva Digger chassis with a Bigfoot body on - a blue-coloured Stampede - and goes like a Stampede - simples!!

2WD. Tough-ish. Simple to work on.

Great beginner's truck.

Problem is I see a trait now.

T-bum are bringing out these 'Specials', selling at fairy reasonable money - if you hunt around there are offers and deals - stop them, then 3 months down the line when you need a new body you find the BODY ALONE is £200 - check out Monster Jam Grave Digger bodies!!

Try explaining to an 8-year-old he cannot have a replacement body but he can have 5 Chinese import trucks instead!!

Rant over!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Not really a fair comparison that test though - the Stampy platform is basically a jacked up version of a standard 1/10th 2wd stadium truck, whereas the Axial is a 4wd solid axle crawler based scaler. You couldn't come at the same basic idea from two more different angles! 

The Traxxas most certainly jumps better and goes faster, but very much at the price of realism. The SMT10 with stock electrics seems to need 3S not 2S as in the film, its closer to the Traxxas that way. 

Aside from the replica shells they are chasing very different markets. The Traxxas range is very much aimed at kids, Axial's market is older. I've no interest in the chassis under the Traxxas shells, whereas I'm not really that fussed with the Axial bodies but like the SMT10 chassis. 

I guess what I'd really love is an old school Bigfoot shell on an SMT10 chassis......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, atom3624 said:

It's a Son Uva Digger chassis with a Bigfoot body on - a blue-coloured Stampede - and goes like a Stampede - simples!!

2WD. Tough-ish. Simple to work on.

Great beginner's truck.

Problem is I see a trait now.

T-bum are bringing out these 'Specials', selling at fairy reasonable money - if you hunt around there are offers and deals - stop them, then 3 months down the line when you need a new body you find the BODY ALONE is £200 - check out Monster Jam Grave Digger bodies!!

Try explaining to an 8-year-old he cannot have a replacement body but he can have 5 Chinese import trucks instead!!

Rant over!

Al.

So you're saying I should buy one and not open it? Suits me, I get too add a `Traxxas to the collection, and I may make an investment.... I'm looking at one for Xmas anyway off my Mrs.

Edited by Guns

I can't not open and bash a new truck, even if it's done lightly, but to keep permanently on a shelf is impossible for me.

To keep in the original box - how do you guys do it?

First thing I do is charge the batteries.

Second is check the oil levels.

Third is check all nuts.

4th is throw the box away.

Al.

14 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I can't not open and bash a new truck, even if it's done lightly, but to keep permanently on a shelf is impossible for me.

To keep in the original box - how do you guys do it?

First thing I do is charge the batteries.

Second is check the oil levels.

Third is check all nuts.

4th is throw the box away.

Al.

Lack of time haha. My Revo and Slash 4x4 have had less than a pack of lips through them combined lol. Owning and un boxing one would be easy lol

Well, I had the carb, filter and switch in my basket. My mrs said she would buy me Bigfoot for Xmas, so I suggested ordering together as Id get free postage and Ill give her the £50 odd for my bits :)

Tempted to save the blue parts, wheels/tyres, and shell.... Replace with stock TRX parts.