• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SCX 10 centre driveshaft, what to buy and where from?

Chaps

I've an SCX10 and my 5 year old god daughter has managed to break the centre driveshaft.  It's plastic and looks like a twisted up mess!  She's done a proper job!

where can I buy replacements and are there any upgrade recommendations please?  

Thanks! 

Depending on how hard you use it but I've never had a rc4wd punisher shaft go but they are darned expensive......

pm me a pic of the offending shaft, I'll have some spares here you can have to tide you over till you upgrade :good:

• Like 1

That's a good point... If Gaz doesn't, then I do, if you need something to get your wheels turning again just drop me a PM :)

She must have been fair going some to break it, I've hammered mine for several packs now on 3s with no problems and that's no stock driveshafts that are at least 800 miles old :P well done to her lol.

• Like 1

@big gaz & @Oh How Original  she sure did do a good job!   thanks for the kind offer guys... I'm in France and got a bash the day I get back next week, so a loaner standard shaft to get me going again would be greatly appreciated chaps...   It's a renegade kit SCX10.  

Any chance of linking me to the best shafts?  Or will standard do me as long as I keep it from 5 year olds! ;) 

large.image.jpeg

In honest truth fella, that's done some fair damage, I would possibly suggest she's held power on when the wheels were completely stuck and it's transferred the power, especially if you're running it on a 3s.

As I say, my stockers have had at least 800 (real) miles on them with a combination of 2s and 3s and my rig has been heavy in the past with steel bumpers, sliders, winch etc... IMO, stockers work fine, if you want a 'fit and forget' piece then it's these; http://www.rcmart.com/spline-cvd%C3%82%E2%84%A2-axial-jeep-wranglerax90036-p-66727.html

For the shorter wheelbase, or these http://www.rcmart.com/spline-center-drive-axial-scx10-vehicles-w123inch-wheelbase-p-56566.html

For the longer wheelbase.

To be fair it's not a hard job to take a couple of mil off if you order the longer ones.

If you need a replacement piece, just drop me your address, is the other side okay?

Also something I noticed in the picture is the yellow ESC wire, is that worn through from rubbing on that nut/bolt, or is it just coloured?

May want to get a cable tie and just hold them out of the way :good:

@big gaz Hi mate.. Dan unfortunately hasn't got a centre drive shaft.... Could you check if you have one, even if it's a loaner whilst I sort out an RC Mart order for a MIP one?  I'm bashing this weekend and need one for then really!

thanks in advance chap! 

8 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

@big gaz Hi mate.. Dan unfortunately hasn't got a centre drive shaft.... Could you check if you have one, even if it's a loaner whilst I sort out an RC Mart order for a MIP one?  I'm bashing this weekend and need one for then really!

thanks in advance chap! 

Do you still have the yeti box as there maybe one lurking in it as Axial have a habit of putting random bits and bobs in with their kits.

• Like 1