• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Jimny SJ30, 50th Anniversary edition GF01 chassis

53HRA

Big Squid got this on it;

New from Tamiya is the Limited Edition, 50th Anniversary edition of the Jimny SJ30.

The latest edition of the Jimny will come in 2 different forms, a kit (#92359) and an XB/expert built (#92360) version.

Both feature the famed Tamiya GF-01 wheelie platform that comes with 4wd and fully independent double wishbone suspension.

With these being special limited edition trucks, don’t expect for them to be around long.

19 minutes ago, Nitroholic said:

The wheels are too small...surely?

That's normally my line. However, I have to disagree on this occasion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that thing lol it made me look a tool at my old work place. I needed a drive shaft and kept telling the supplier it was a Jimmy cos of its badge squiggly font. After I looked closely realised jimny. But I swore it was Jimmy for about 5 mins first.   

The rc looks kinda funky tho wheel size will make it fun. Be cool to compare it to the lb 

I have the Land Cruiser Pickup version and love it. Not really comperable to the LB as it actually handles really well (once the tyres and wheels are replaced with something better) and is 4WD. Still a lot of fun though.

BTW it's the GMC SUV that was commonly called the Jimmy. GM = Jimmy.

John

Edited by johninderby