• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Grave Digger Monster Jam Truck 1/10th

.AJ.

Get 'pit access' or whatever they call it the day before - good crack. They even have an RC section of some description.

Traxx ... might have defined what's happening with the X-Maxx sponsorship by then as well ... another story.

One thing I do remember is the je-powered quad bike - THAT WAS LOUD!!

Definitely recommend it to anyone interested, and ENJOY.

Perhaps there'll be an Axial section and they'll be jumping them.

Al.

Very nice presentation - really liking this truck.

When I'm picking on things like 'shocks at a funny angle', I know there's not a lot wrong!

The fronts can be re-positioned correctly, but the rear sway bar needs to be removed to place the shocks correctly - I'm talking about re-positioning rather than simply Frankenstein-style adding more shocks, which would look weird!

LIKE IT!

Definitely most realistic MT out of the box, without simply turning up the speed and breaking it every time.

Al.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope this class becomes a hit. I like the custom rigs hidden away on Google.  That monster clod and the cpe barbarian.

Would you be able to use rear yeti axles as front and rear? If yes I wonder if anyone's done one on yeti xl axles. 

This truck does use AR60s and Yeti arms. It's more Wraith or RR10 than Yeti but they all use the same axles. 

Check out Trigger King, which is fairly sizeable in the US. This would probably fit in one of the modified classes. 

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/axial-smt10-grave-digger-monster-jam-truck-rtr/rc-car-products/404671

£359.00

Anyone else think this is over priced? Guess its the price of having the butt ugly Officially Licensed shell and green chassis.

I hope they make black chassis and kit version

Must admit am disappointed with the speed.  Wonder why they have produced it to go so slow??

But saying that, I am a avid  grave digger fan, and am  in love with the truck. It looks awesome an exact scale replica . There is nothing on the market like it. 

It knocks spots of my two traxxas grave diggers even my 30th anniversary edition.  My order has been placed.

Much more to scale - still looks like approx. 25 mph - which is fast to scale.

Much less likely to have a terminal accident as well.

There are always ways to amend this of course .....  !!!!

Al.

Just now, Tug said:

11 mph? Seriously? That's way to slow! 25 I could live with. 

Yes.  Even on 3s lipo not much better. 

At £360 it's not really a toy. Something that slow should be on the shelfs at £80.00. Imo.   But saying that i do really like it.  Just disappointed with the speed.

Well the good news is there's already a world of aftermarket parts and axial hopups for it already out, since it's entirely made of off the shelf Axial parts. If you had a hopped up Wraith, you could buy the chassis and use wraith parts to make this go pretty fast. 

Edited by mond

I suppose that's over 100 mph scale speed, so 'about right' in reality, but scarily SLOW.

Within a Monster Jam type environment, with scale-type jumps, etc., it might look good.

Slower than a Tamiya - that takes some doing!!

Al.