• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Grave Digger Monster Jam Truck 1/10th

.AJ.

OK... yeah, that's awesome! Truly looks and behaves like the real thing!

I have never owned an Axial before... and will hold off! Just, Axial, PLEASE don't offer a Captain's Curse... my bank account wouldn't take it!

7.png

13 minutes ago, Tug said:

I guess if it's rock-racer based, then it's in the 25 to 30 mph category? 

My 2 speed Wraith ain't slow on 3s/55t so 3s27t should be amusing.

.... and charge $300 for the pleasure of owning the purple 30th edition - there is / was a body on Ebay (more bashing!!) for stupid money!

My eldest has one on his Stampede, with headlamps and 'eyes'.

Best thing about this is the 'extras', like the glow in the dark helmet - not many think of that!!

I do like it - it's been a long time coming.

Al.

1 hour ago, Nitroholic said:

If the platform sells, I am sure they will do other chassis colours and shells

I wonder if generic 1:10 bodies will fit. The Yeti bodies by Proline look like they might work. As it uses the AR60, there's going to be lots of things to play with straight away. 4x4x4 anyone?

i was ready to hate this as soon as i saw "axial" (dont ask me why i just cant seem to like any of their products) but having just watched the video i actually really like this! it looks so scale when jumping and bouncing about! i really hope they release a few other branded trucks so i can buy several and build a monster jam course for me and the boy!!! 

• Like 1

1/10 with 1/14 scale body, or all 1/14 ...

I would love one RC manufacturer to finally produce an MT that was REALLY the scale they say it is.

Multiply the tyre width and diameter by 10 and you get 66" outer diameter, 25" inner diameter and 43" wide.

A drove of pigs has just flown by ... !!

Al.

Looks great and sounds great but that engine looks to be a very expensive paper weight. Theres just no torque wont even un-compress the front shocks let alone try and lift the front wheels.

Soon get boring tootling up and down the front garden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rover Man said:

Looks great and sounds great but that engine looks to be a very expensive paper weight. Theres just no torque wont even un-compress the front shocks let alone try and lift the front wheels.

Soon get boring tootling up and down the front garden.

Yea, it definately needs some Lipo and Brushless power ;)

"hides behind wall"

• Like 1

Yes, I believe it was a Conley - several of the (very) many videos concentrate on this, 'though judging by some of the parts on it, it must weigh the same as an old Mini!!

I think a bit of judicious throttle was being used - or not - to avoid a potential few k's worth of damage.

Might be a slight tuning issue as well.

No gold tops at this scale please!!

Al.

That is a real pity.

Part of the MJ / Alternative Race Group spectacle IS THE NOISE!

I saw Monster Jam in Cardiff a few years back - couldn't for the life of me imagine it with 'flying milkfloats' - EUCH - what a horrible dream - wake me up, PLEASE!!

YES, they have the power, and a one-off looks pretty impressive as 'the future', but we all go to MJ for the spectacle which definitely includes NOISE!

Something the size of that 1/4 GD electric powered I can imagine all plastic, with doors, for rich toddlers to ride around in.

Back to the OP, I do like it, and an anodised alloy spaceframe would be nice.

Quite how tough it is once people start upping the power is the next thing of course.

Al.