• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Will savox fix/replace it ?

RC4WD fan

Ok so have been bashing and crawling in the garden today with the wraith all going good well apart from braking 3 servo horns but now the servo has brok I'm 100% sure it has stripped the gears now I've been reading on a couple of different forums that savox/CML will only fix/replace it if it's to do with the elections part is that true?  

Kimsbrough servo saver.

Wraiths are notorious for ripping servos, even high end ones, the size of the wheels/tyres coupled with the weight and open wheels.

Chances are they won't sort it for you, but it might be worth E-Mailing.

It's unlikely theirs anything particularly wrong in your servo up, but an alloy horn and titanium gears is very advisable in a Wraith.

1 minute ago, Rover Man said:

If you broke 3 horns then stripped the gears something is VERY wrong with your setup.

Find out what it is before fitting another servo :good:

don't think there's anything wrong with the setup but the bashing part it was beeing jump and taking big hits on the landings as most of the weight is up front 

5 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Kimsbrough servo saver.

Wraiths are notorious for ripping servos, even high end ones, the size of the wheels/tyres coupled with the weight and open wheels.

Chances are they won't sort it for you, but it might be worth E-Mailing.

It's unlikely theirs anything particularly wrong in your servo up, but an alloy horn and titanium gears is very advisable in a Wraith.

I don't think they will to be honest just going to have to accept my loss it is CML that I email isn't it ?

didn't think of using a servo saver ill look in to it 

Also something to remember, if you're going to do anything with a bit of speed and especially jumping, then don't have a drag brake enabled, the moment you let the power off, the brake is on, if you're in the air, it will always nose dive.

The wheels need to be free spinning for jumping, even small ones.

Yes, E-Mail CML Distributors.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Also something to remember, if you're going to do anything with a bit of speed and especially jumping, then don't have a drag brake enabled, the moment you let the power off, the brake is on, if you're in the air, it will always nose dive.

The wheels need to be free spinning for jumping, even small ones.

Yes, E-Mail CML Distributors.

I dont have the drag brake on when bashing anyway and the front wheels are weighted so that doesn't help 

I'll drop them a line and see what happens nothing probably 

Edited by RC4WD fan

22 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Weighted wheels are a silly idea.

The weight will be extra strain on the drivetrain, because it's rotational and won't be even (no matter how much you think it is lol) so remove the weights, that won't be helping anything at all :)

I can ensure you that it's the first and only time I ever put weights in the wheels :yes: 

Edited by RC4WD fan

4 hours ago, Noj said:

CML will not honour a stripped gear warranty, simple as. Burnt out boards they will honour.

fair enough but as it's apparent that there not going to do anything I took it apart this morning and there was no stripped gears from what i can see is the midel gear has 2 parts a little gear that a bigger gear attaches to it seems to be the friction that holds it together and stop it spinning where it joins but mine doesn't it spins whenever you put any pressure to move the gears 

when i get home I'll upload some pics of what I mean as I'm not very good at wording things 

17 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

fair enough but as it's apparent that there not going to do anything I took it apart this morning and there was no stripped gears from what i can see is the midel gear has 2 parts a little gear that a bigger gear attaches to it seems to be the friction that holds it together and stop it spinning where it joins but mine doesn't it spins whenever you put any pressure to move the gears

when i get home I'll upload some pics of what I mean as I'm not very good at wording things

That's what happened to 2 x Xpert WR-7701 servos in my Bomber.

Like a wraith it needs a strong servo, I had a Hitec HS-7980 and it died from water damaged (no gear issues), got it replaced by a HS-7950. Waterproofed that one and we shall see how well it does. But should be fine.

For a wraith you need a good servo as there is no give between the servo and wheels.

5 minutes ago, ostewart said:

That's what happened to 2 x Xpert WR-7701 servos in my Bomber.

Like a wraith it needs a strong servo, I had a Hitec HS-7980 and it died from water damaged (no gear issues), got it replaced by a HS-7950. Waterproofed that one and we shall see how well it does. But should be fine.

For a wraith you need a good servo as there is no give between the servo and wheels.

I know you need a good servo mate but the one you have at around £80/£100 well for the ones that I've been looking at in the uk anyway I can't justify spending the much for something that will probably break at some point and will only be used every now and then 

this is the gear in question FEC4935E-D460-4655-AD5B-3646DB834E0A_zps it has 2 parts the little gear seems to have worn down so it spins and easily pulls apart 1B38BB99-E46B-417C-9B6E-76DBFD79F0C8_zps

Edited by RC4WD fan

2 hours ago, norcoforever said:

The top of that black one should have teeth but has stripped 

there was no metal shavings or any sign of fragments witch I would think there would be ? the larger gear have no signs of having any  groves for teeth to sit in 

Edited by RC4WD fan

The smaller gear is press fitted to the larger one. Would think its spun and made the hole in the larger gear to big.

Clean all the grease off and use some bearing fit (Type of threadlock) to glue them back together.

But i would email the pics off first to see what  CML say a i would think thats faulty manufacturing   

50 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

The smaller gear is press fitted to the larger one. Would think its spun and made the hole in the larger gear to big.

Clean all the grease off and use some bearing fit (Type of threadlock) to glue them back together.

But i would email the pics off first to see what  CML say a i would think thats faulty manufacturing   

I thought it was press fitted I have sent the pics to CML see what happens 

I'm going to get a Hitec 7954 or 7955 as my LHS as both 

• Like 1