• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Scx10 deadbolt to d90

seanv

Just figured out how to upload sorry everyone. 

Thought I'd share few pics of my rig I'm not a professional but have enjoyed doing this many bits to do like steel links ect.cheers IMG-20160622-WA0002_zpsqsw5cwi8.jpegIMG-20160623-WA0001_zps5kl66lmk.jpegIMG-20160516-WA0000_zpsx2vqaqgh.jpeg

• Like 1

Basically trying to make do with what I had till payday pal not sure on what colour to do the body yet so just put stickers allover it for now .

Don't want it to look new I even used a black sharpie pen for the green backend and archers 

Looks good in white mate :yes: I've used sharpie's on a lot of my builds if it works and looks ok than why not :)  personally I think 2.2 would be to big going off the 2.2 ripsaws on my wraith but its up to you :) 

if you do put 2.2's on you will have to cut the arches and a bit more off though 

also please please paint the windscreen in white or something drives me nuts when i see on thats not painted :lol: 

Edited by RC4WD fan

4 link truss as a rear bumper... That's quite inventive lol.

I'm sure if you bought a small amount of styrene and copied the lines of the rear end, you could make it all one piece and do your own arches and stuff to stop them rubbing :)

Agree with Jamie, I think big wheels/tyres don't look right, but to each his own and it's actually quite nice to see something different.

I also noticed a lot of weight difference when I did my pick up, it's quite surprising what a bit of plastic weighs, not to mention adding the rear pulls the remaining weight much lower.

What plans do you have for it now?

Hahaha found it in the spares and thought ahhhhhhh I'll use that .

Waiting for steering link to come in  steel and then the other links will be ordered on payday would like a winch for it but just plan to run it someday 

2 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

you f you do put 2.2's on you will have to cut the arches and a bit more off though 

also please please paint the windscreen in white or something drives me nuts when i see on thats not painted :lol: 

Just realised lol out goes the sharpie

CVDs... Or modified dog bones and cups.

The CVD route is the best IMO.

Make sure your servos end points are correct.

Also fitting an external BEC will help if your servo is quite power hungry.

I'm yet to try it but several people also suggest UD/OD gears for front and/or rear.

I won't recommend it, simply as I haven't personally tried it but a few people do use it.

Just now, seanv said:

Glued then stickers over to hide lines don't think it would have lasted the falls with stickers pal

I did say i was going to sound stupid :lol: I couldn't work out if you did or not only asked because of the stickers 

You just need the stickers there ace NOT lol

Think I'll run then latter on fill and sand the paint a awfully grey colour with red primer showing through think it would be cool