• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX brushed esc

cant find a manual for this thing for love nor money. Its the standard brushed esc fitted to the Carnage/Vantage/Hooligan esc. Its got a set button but id love to find out what its for if its a self set esc.

The manual has one line: Rip out ESC and replace with Quicrun 1060, this will improve performance and allow use of LiPo battery packs.

funnily enough, it cuts off at 6.5/6.6v so makes me think if it has a cut off. Running 2s and it cuts everytime. I've fitted that esc and the 15t 550 motor in my Vaterra V100 for my other half's boy to use, quick enough and enough torque to get it sideways.

Edited by NuttyProfessor

Last time I plugged a 2s into an FTX ESC it vented on switch on. It did say not to use a lipo so I didn't get too annoyed.

I'm only using a 2250mah Turnigy lipo but it works nicely and gives it a good kick. They all say not to use a lipo but that's because it don't have the alarm or cut off. Fully charged 2s is 8.4, 6 cell nimh approaches 9v fully charged so I never see the problem of running a lipo. Only way I can see it venting is if the polarity was wrong.

Edited by NuttyProfessor

having a mooch about and I've found out what the esc is, its a Hobbyking X-Car brushed, 45a cont 320a burst :o not even used an Etronix in there the buggers! Which means it does have a lipo cut off and motor temp protection built in, even crawler mode.

Edited by NuttyProfessor
  • Like 1